Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world.
DRC Ukraine is looking for Protection Assistant (Grants) based in Lviv, Uzhhorod, Ivano-Frankivsk with possibility to work remotely.
The Protection Assistant (Grants) will be responsible for providing technical and day-to-day support for implementing the activities related to provision of grants to civil society organisations (CSO).
The Protection Assistant (Grants) will contribute towards the vetting processes, as well as supporting, cooperating and liaising with the pre-selected applicants relevant to the project. The Protection Assistant (Grants) will be the Legal Assistance Unit (LAU) focal person responsible to comply with both Ukrainian legislation and DRC procedures and guidelines on grants provision-related processes.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Programming & Operations
- In close cooperation with the LAU team (including Small Grants and Legal Aid Project Manager and Project Lead on Program and Compliance) provide technical support in all the stages of preparation for grant provision project (e.g. call, application, selection, vetting, award, monitoring implementation, reporting requirements);
- In consultation with DRC accountants and project lawyers, establish best schemes for grants provision;
- In cooperation with project lawyers, prepare list of documents required for CSOs to apply for grants;
- In cooperation with project lawyers, prepare relevant contract templates;
- Support in drafting grants-related documentations;
- Any other functions to be assigned by the Protection Project Lead, Small Grants and Legal Aid Project Manager in consultation with the position holder;
- Comply with all relevant DRC policies and procedures;
- Understand, and ensure the observance of the DRC Code of Conduct.
Coordination and representation
- Maintain contact lists and maintain correspondence with relevant applicants of the project;
- Support remote monitoring of accounting records and relevant documentation, gather data and facts about the applicants in the open sources;
- Cooperate with and act as the LAU focal person for liaising with DRC AFO team
We expect you to have minimum 2 years of relevant work experience (in accounting) and at least 1-year experience in similar job, preferably in an NGO setting.
Required experience and competencies:
- Diploma in law, economics, human rights, or similar.
- Experience working with NGO would be of advantage;
- Background in grant-related programmes will be of advantage
- Good communication and organization skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs;
- Fluency in Russian and Ukrainian
- Working knowledge of English would be of advantage
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 months with possibility of extension based on available funding.
Start date: ASAP
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All applicants can submit an application using the link: https://candidate.hr-manager.net/ApplicationForm/SinglePageApplicationForm.aspx?cid=1036&departmentId=19100&ProjectId=163809&MediaId=5
Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 20 March 2022
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.