The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations, and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
The strong focus on humanitarian principles and exclusive NGO-only membership criteria has meant that INSO is now accepted as a standard component of modern humanitarian response offering independent frontline reporting and coordination services that save lives, strengthen operational practice, and enable humanitarian access.
Today the organisation provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs in 17 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for performance, principles & professionalism.
INSO Ukraine Country Office
INSO has been operational in Ukraine since July 2015 and currently brings together 52 humanitarian organisations operating country-wide. INSO Ukraine focuses on providing security- and access-related information in near to real-time and helps raise awareness of the existing risks and mitigation strategies.
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as INSO Operation Assistant (OPS Assistant) to be based in Lviv.
The primary aim of the position is to provide support and management of the Operations department (Administration, Human Resources and Logistics). The position holder also has a strategic vision as well as technical and contextual expertise to support the Country Management Team in its decision-making.
(The below-mentioned list of responsibilities is not exhaustive: flexibility is a must and other tasks may be requested to adapt to operational needs, like covering other areas during the leave of a colleague).
- Ensure that all agreements, protocols, authorisations etc necessary for INSO’s activities and office registrations are in place and kept up to date in accordance with national rules and regulations.
- Apply zero tolerance policy on corruption and help ensure the complaints are registered and dealt with in accordance with INSO Code of Conduct.
- Liaise with state departments and lawyers in relation to all office administrative tasks.
- Maintain tidy filing system for HR, Finance, and Logistics documents.
- Ensure proper compliance with procedures throughout the employee’s life cycle within INSO (recruitment, onboarding, induction, absence, evaluation, disciplinary measures, end of contract, etc.).
- Assist in recruitment process (tests, interviews).
- Support staff travel arrangements, including visa applications, hotel bookings, etc.
- Support other admin-related work as requested by supervisor.
- Provide assets and ID/business cards for new staff, and ensure that they fill the required legal forms (health insurance, bank details, etc.)
- Ensure that personnel files are organized and complete.
- Ensure proper filing of Timesheets and Leave Forms
- Liaise with the health & travel insurance providers as needed
- Facilitate staff visas, in liaison with the COA
- Set up a rigorous and transparent supply system, in accordance with INSO’s operations manual, local legislation and Donor requirements.
- Establish a reliable supply system for effective and efficient delivery in the field, ensuring full control of the movement and receipt of items.
- Ensures that all contract payments are processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure procurement of goods following INSO’s procurement policies in link with Country Office Administrator.
- Negotiate with suppliers in terms of price, delivery service, quality, guarantee, etc., and ensure that all suppliers comply with the Code of Ethics.
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers and check the market for potential new ones.
- Keeps an organized and accurate procurement file for major purchases
- Checks the correct logbook filling and reports any negligence in records including regular monitoring of fuel/diesel consumption, fulfillment of monthly reports.
- Ensure timely processing of invoices for Finance Department in accordance with INSO financial guidelines.
- Assist Finance Department to prepare payroll in accordance with the monthly activity of each employee.
- Reconcile petty cash and bank receipts and prepare digital copies.
- Oversee the establishment of lease agreements for the missions.
- Ensure offices premises are in good shape and properly maintained (plumber, electricity, minor works)
- Ensure all regular utility bills are acquired and presented for payment on time
- Maintain an adequate inventory of office supplies, sundry and consumable items (the movement, documentation, storage, etc.)
- Ensure of appropriate set up of premises and services for trainings and meetings
- Keeps updated the Inventory of Keys
- Manages stationery and cleaning items stock
- Maintain and update the inventory list/Asset Register as per INSO requirements.
- Ensure all assets are tagged and keep record of movement of assets in coordination with Country Office Administrator.
- In coordination with COA, ensures that the physical check of assets takes place every 6 months
- Ensures a regular maintenance of assets, reports damages and seek appropriate solutions
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in either Logistics or Business Administration, Finance.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Extensive experience with Excel and Microsoft Office Products
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant post-graduation work experience.
- Knowledge of administrative, Logistic, Procurement and HR processes.
- Strong work ethic and flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- Self-organization, ability to work remotely.
Preferred Requirements:(Not mandatory, but advantageous. Please specify in the cover letter)
- Fluency in English (Written and Spoken)
- Knowledge of analytical software.
- Working experience with humanitarian organizations, particularly with NGOs.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Ability to identify issues, analyse and participate in the resolution of issues/problems.
- Excellent communication, organizational and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of humanitarian principles and practices.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
- Strong work ethic and capacity to take responsibility for his/her own actions.
Terms & Conditions:
12-months official employment contract with a 3-month probationary period with expected start date 14 March 2022, UAH 48,910 Gross salary.
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection, and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees, and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
- All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professionals.
- INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address;
- All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified;
- The successful candidate will be required to provide valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
- All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
- All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
How to apply:
Interested persons are requested to send the following to [email protected] and ensure to reference INSO Operation Assistant (OPS Assistant), Lviv in the subject line of your email by 13 March 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis:
Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in (2-page maximum). Up to date CV (5-page maximum). Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.