- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
- Position: Financial and Administrative Officer
- Location: Lviv
- Job terms: full-time
- Starting date: ASAP
- Duration: 3 months with a possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds and results of performance
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since August 2014 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of food security protection and livelihoods. PAH Ukraine is currently expanding programming from humanitarian to both early recovery and development-oriented interventions that provide sustainable livelihoods opportunities to the affected population.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring project budget realization using available tools (Navision, BMT, etc);
- Preparing Budget Monitoring tools (BMT) for new projects;
- Verifying costs and payments, vetting data of possible contractors/suppliers;
- Cooperating with the Project Coordinators in preparing monthly cash flow data;
- Running periodical financial reports according to PAH and donor requirements;
- Participating in preparation of new budget/budget revision in collaboration with the Project Coordinators;
- Following up on donors/partners/vendors/staff issues and ensuring they are addressed in a timely manner, in collaboration with the Project Coordinators, Operational Department;
- Preparing administrative agreements, contracts, reports, official letters etc.;
- Preparing vouchers pertaining to the field office related administrative costs;
- Managing office supplies;
- Overseeing appearance and functionality of the field office;
- Looking for and organizing new working/living space if a need arises, negotiating with landlords;
- Support in organizing meetings and visits;
- Serving as primary point of direct administrative contact;
- Coordinating the exchange of documentation with the main office;
- Implementing and following HR policies, employment policies and procedures in compliance with PAH’s standards and national labor law;
- Conducting the recruitment processes;
- Creating onboarding schedules for new staff & setting up trainings for staff;
- Preparing and managing employment contracts, agreements for staff and acts of acceptance;
- Maintaining staff working time records: attendance lists and timesheets;
- Maintaining the leave tracking system;
- Supporting implementation of the staff performance evaluation system;
- Contributing to the management and supporting the PAH field staff;
- Guiding employee’s actions by developing, writing, and updating administrative policies, procedures; communicating developments to management;
- Performing other duties assigned by the Head of Operations.
The successful candidate:
- Is a citizen of Ukraine with a native level of Ukrainian and Russian;
- Has a diploma in finance / accountancy /HR / business administration or other relevant fields;
- Has min. 2 years of experience in finance / accountancy / business administration role preferably in NGO / INGO;
- Good understanding of accounting and finance procedures is a must;
- Experience in requirements & compliance management;
- Has good knowledge of the Ukrainian Labour Law;
- Has good knowledge of English (both oral and in writing);
- Is able to work in and network with a multicultural team;
- Is responsible, stress-resistant and attentive to detail;
- Has strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills;
- Has ability to work independently and proactively;
- Has strong computer skills - knowledge of MS Office, particularly - skills in Excel and Word;
- Has strong organizational skills and ability to work against tight deadlines and in tough conditions;
- Is enthusiastic and eager to learn new things.
What PAH offers:
- Working experience with the professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility to contribute to the implementation of PAH’s programs in Ukraine;
- Competitive salary.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH:
- Short CV (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your education and work experience;
- Salary expectation in USD;
- Indication of your availability to start your work for PAH.
To start the application process, please follow the link:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and PAH reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.