- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine
- Position: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
- Location: Lviv, Ukraine (with frequent visits to project locations)
- Job terms: Full-time
- Duration: 3 months with a possibility of extension depending on the availability of funds and results of performance
- Starting date: asap
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since August 2014 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of food security protection and livelihoods. PAH Ukraine is currently expanding programming from humanitarian to both early recovery and development-oriented interventions that provide sustainable livelihoods opportunities to the affected population.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, carry out and/or coordinate implementation of monitoring activities using tools (monitoring forms and report templates) provided by PAH. Monitoring includes activities such as: monitoring visits to the project implementation sites; interviews/surveys with beneficiaries as well as Programme field staff and Implementing Partner’s employees; observations during site visits.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports, analyse monitoring data and ensure that they are shared with relevant stakeholders (MEAL Coordinator, Head of MEAL and Project/Programme teams).
- Participate in collecting beneficiary feedback and complaints received through the complaints and feedback response mechanisms, as well as through observation and direct interaction with beneficiaries during site visits.
- Coordinate data collection exercise and provide updates to MEAL Coordinator.
- Applying the methodologies and guidance provided by the MEAL Coordinator, organise and coordinate baseline, post distribution monitoring and endline data collection exercises. It includes: preparation of tools; mobilising and training enumerators; planning data collection activities in cooperation with the Programme team and Implementing Partner; facilitating survey activities through ensuring clear instructions and other necessary support to the enumerators; providing technical means for conducting survey (incl. preparing tablets); ensuring daily updates on progress and challenges to the MEAL Coordinator; providing technical support to Programme team during needs assessments).
- Process and analyse data obtained during data collection activities and secondary data analysis as well as draft monitoring reports.
- Provide support to MEAL Coordinator in analysing existing tools and procedures and develop new tools for assessment and monitoring as requested, as well as critically reflect the tools, methods and data collection practice in everyday work in the field in order to improve the existing methodologies.
- Contribute to lessons-learnt on programmatic level.
- Recruit or participate in recruitment of personnel (enumerators) dedicated to data collection exercise in the field, as well as ensure smooth cooperation between MEAL team and Programme/Project teams.
- Implement ethical principles in his/her tasks and duties.
- Promote and strengthen understanding of the importance of MEAL among other PAH’s staff in Ukraine.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the direct supervisor.
The successful Project Officer will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience - preferably in social work, community development, non-governmental organizations, or civil society in a similar position. Experience working with NGOs and/or the humanitarian sector, and use of data collection and data analysis tools will be an asset.
- University degree in relevant field (preferably in sociology, international development, international relations, or any other relevant field with a focus on monitoring and evaluation) will be an asset or equivalent professional qualification.
- Good working level of English (at least upper-intermediate level). Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian is required (both spoken and written).
- Good English writing and reporting skills.
- Good knowledge of data analysis practices and tools, including both qualitative and quantitative processes.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and good skills in using data analysis software (SPSS, Kobo etc.) will be an asset.
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure;
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills;
- Good cooperation and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work in a team and independently.
- Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of conflict-affected population in Ukraine.
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with the professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility to contribute to the development of protection programming of PAH;
- Competitive salary.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH:
- Short CV (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your education and work experience;
- Short cover letter;
- Salary expectation;
- Indication of your availability to start your work for PAH;
- Three references.
To start the application process, please follow the link:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis, and PAH reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.