UNDP Ukraine invites applications from highly qualified and experienced Ukrainian professionals for the post of Field Security Officer for the support of implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for personnel in the ECA (Eastern Conflict Area) and other areas where RPP (Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme) operates.
1) Contributes to collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the ECA (Eastern Conflict Area) and other areas where RPP (Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme) operates:
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation;
- Helps to assess the security situation at the ECA and other areas where RPP operates and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required RPP operations and programmatic activities;
- Conducts support missions to the field offices in the ECA, as required by the RPP Programme Manager, to make sure the security practices and emergency response preparations are in place.
- Supports the UNDP RPP field missions in the ECA and makes sure all necessary measures are properly taken to conduct the missions in a safe manner, in line with the SRM and SOP regulations.
- Communicates security related information, through the SFP (Security Focal Point) ECA, to the Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme Manager and UNDP CO management and provides host country security advice to United Nations Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS), as required;
- Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies in the ECA and other areas where RPP operates;
- Provides technical assistance at security coordination (SC) and area security management team (ASMT) meetings.
2) Contributes to maintaining the Area Security Plan, ECA Standard Operations Procedure (SOP), including updating warden lists, security communication equipments lists ( SAT Phones, radios), emergency provisions lists, etc.
- Provides inputs to the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan for the ECA and other areas where RPP (Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme) operates;
- Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan, as required;
- Contributes to developing, updating and implementation of Security SOP;
- Provides security inputs for BCP development and testing.
3) Supports Recovery and Peacebuilding Programme Manager through the SFP ECA, in monitoring compliance with area specific Security Risk Management (SRM) prevention and mitigation measures. Also contributes to the compilation of data required for the Security Compliance Survey (SCS). Assists with/Conducts the security risk assessments (SRA) for UNDP/RPP premises in the ECA and other areas where RPP operates including common premises and events. Provides guidelines for security guards of RPP premises in ECA and other areas where RPP operates on security-related procedures.
4) Facilitates reporting of security incidents affecting RPP personnel, offices and assets in the ECA and other areas where RPP operates, and prepares initial draft of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report for attention of UNDP Management and UNDSS. Acts as focal contact point in case of accidents that involve RPP vehicles.
5) Provides overall assistance to the RPP Programme Manager in close coordination with the SFP ECA:
- Prepares and maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents;
- Provides requested Administrative and Logistical support;
- Maintains a database on contact details in relation to ECA and other areas where RPP operates and de-facto security authorities.
- Maintains, updates and tests regularly the headcount system and the database of wardens in the ECA and other areas where RPP operates.
6) Contributes to enhancing security awareness:
- Organizes and conducts training courses on security awareness and preparedness;
- Provides security orientation to newly assigned RPP staff members;
- Conducts security briefings, as required;
- Provides instructions for reception/security guards on security-related procedures for handling of visitors, mail, telephone calls.
7) Performs other security-related tasks assigned by RPP Programme Manager such as:
- Conducts security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for the residences (In line with the Residential Security Measures -RSM- Advisories) of RPP international personnel, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security in the ECA and other areas where RPP operates;
- Establishes and maintains Warden system and keeps update of information related to RPP offices and residences in the ECA and other areas where RPP operates;
- Contributes to the implementation of Pass and ID system for UNDP personnel.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Management, Security Management, Social Sciences, or other related fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with additional two years of relevant experience is accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Relevant experience at national or international level in the security or related fields would be an asset.
- Alternatively, if in possession of Bachelor’s degree, minimum 2 years of such relevant experience is required.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian is required
- Knowledge of host country safety codes
- Possession of a valid B and/or C- category driver’s license
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO in security-related role and/or experience in diplomatic security, protection
- Prior experience with and basic level of knowledge on emergency communication systems such as SAT phones and UHF/VHF radios
- Experience in driving armored vehicle
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel etc.) Experience in handling of web-based management systems
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 04 March 2022.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.