Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF Ukraine is looking for:
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Planning, coordinating and ensuring the autonomous implementation, maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services, as well as ensuring onsite technical support and training of users and Logistic experts in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies and protocols, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure. Providing an appropriate high-level technical support to Logistics Coordinator & Project Logistics Manager/s.
- Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures, as well as actual and future needs;
- Adapting and ensuring compliance of general IT and Telecom policies, guidelines, and documents in order to meet mission’s specific needs, as well as ensuring their implementation to enable the development of the mission in perfect working conditions upon validation from the Logistics Coordinator;
- Preparing and collaborating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families. Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process. Preparing all technical content related to national tenders for IT and Telecom deployment and participating in the selection;
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, user access right, backup, equipment and software security, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency in all locations of the mission;
- Supervising, leading and delegating tasks to relevant staff, if there is any. Participating in the recruitment process, in any location of the mission, with the support of the HR Department, the Logistics Coordinator and the HQ Technical;
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with HQ Technical Referent(s) for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at the mission level are appropriately escalated;
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems;
- Following up, participating in regular reports at coordination level in accordance with MSF guidelines and reporting on the work’s progress and on all IT and Telecom technical aspects of the work. Updating and archiving all user and ICT related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures;
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points;
- Performing other tasks, specified in his/her job description, delegated by the Logistics Coordinator.
- To be able to manage all ICT matters directly between the head office and Ukraine mission.
- When needed, participating in international IT projects under the direction of the head office ICT team as a pilot, developer, and support writer with the possibility of occasional trips abroad (mainly Brussels).
- Participate in the drafting of security rules, file management and best practices for the entire organisation with the support of the ICT team at headquarters.
- In collaboration with Logistics Coordinator, ensuring the mission ICT policy is written, validated, updated, implemented and all the users are made aware of that policy.
- Tracking all ICT equipment in the mission in collaboration with Log Specialists in Kyiv & Log Managers in the projects.
- Monitor on a day-to-day basis the maintenance activities of all ICT equipment according to MSF standards & product user’s manual.
- Tracking consumption of ICT related supplies (cartridges etc.) used & that the waste is properly disposed in the entire mission.
- Following up the cost of the internet service provision in all locations & mobile phones usage and to report to the Logistics Coordinator if any discrepancy.
- Maintaining contact and good relationships with counterpart personnel of other MSF sections in Ukraine.
• Essential university or technical school diploma. Certification in network or server administration would be an asset.
• Two (2) or more years of work experience in the relevant field required;
• Preferably 2 years of proven experience in IT or technical functions.
• Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Of-fice365);
• Understanding of Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualization;
• Good knowledge in Network Administration (LAN, VLAN, network policies and protocols);
• Good knowledge of computer’s hardware and maintenance process, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM);
• Programming analysis: UML;
• Apps development languages: Python, PowerShell, Java;
• Experience in continuous development: DevOps, Agile;
• Understanding of radio telecommunication concept (HF, VHF, GSM, satellite);
• Teaching and supporting skills.
Qualified candidates with permanent residence permit are welcome to apply.
Base of work: MSF coordination office in Kyiv, with regular travel to projects in country.
Gross monthly salary (before taxation): 31029 UAH.
Type of agreement: Civil law agreement three to six months – Open for extension.