Deloitte is seeking qualified candidates to serve as Operations and Finance Manager in support of the USAID Health Reform Support (HRS). The position is full-time and will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of USAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Operations and Finance Manager will support the Deputy Chief of Party, Operations in managing the overall operations of the project by effectively managing office administration, financials, overseeing subcontracts and local vendor agreements, and general project management. The project’s Operations/Finance Manager will ensure USAID and Deloitte polices are followed for all financial transactions, expenditures, and procurements. This individual will work closely with the US Headquarters team to comply with audit requirements and procedures.
- Oversee project financials, administration, procurements, and local vendor agreements.
- Lead budget tracking and financial planning for the project, including cash-flow management, budget tracking, and accounting.
- Oversee the collection of payment supporting documentation and conduct internal auditing of expenses and transactions.
- Prepare drafts of relevant documentation and reports and participating in developing new projects as assigned.
- Communicate to small and large audiences about the project’s progress, successes, and challenges.
- Support annual work planning, regular work plan tracking, and resource planning.
- Support quarterly, annual reporting, and other client reporting, as needed/required.
- Input monthly transactions into Imprest Report for processing with home office.
- Communicate with US home office team regarding audits.
- Enforce local staff compliance with travel policies and procedures by reviewing all travel expenses.
- Support in developing budgets and trackers to monitor project expenses.
- Preparing and process advances, as needed.
- Support in the distribution of all grantee payments and in tracking expenditures.
- Provide logistical support for project training events including the preparation and tracking of budgets.
- Conduct monthly bank account reconciliation and daily petty cash recon.
- Support in processing local office procurements in accordance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Support in coordinating large procurements with US home office.
- Manage payments and contracts for private entrepreneurs hired by Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects.
- Masters level degree in accounting (preferred) or relevant degree in economics, finance, public administration, business administration or related area.
- Over 10 years of experience with ideally 5 years of experience supporting USAID Contracts in a similar function/role.
- Proven experience in management and program planning.
- Ability to work well with external partners
- Proven experience providing mentorship and leadership to teams.
- Spoken and written language proficiency in English and Ukrainian.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and in a fast-changing environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain focus and complete high-quality work while under pressure of multiple tasks in a politically sensitive environment.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and two professional letters of reference to [email protected] no later than February 13, 2022. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “ Operations and Finance Manager “. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.