Programme Title: EMBRACE (Enhancing National and Regional Mechanisms to Build Responsive, Accountable and Cost-Effective System of Gender-Based Violence Response and Prevention)
Post Title: Project Coordinator
Post Level: Service Contract, SB4/Q1
Position number: 00178851
Duration of the service: one year with possible extension
Duty Station: Kyiv
Full/part time: Full time
Under the supervision of the GBV Programme Manager, the Project Coordinator designs, coordinates, implements and reports on designated project streams within the GBV Response and Prevention Programme with the focus on strengthening economic resilience of GBV survivors and people at risk of GBV.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. The Fund operates globally since 1969 in more than 150 countries and territories. UNFPA focuses on women and young people, because these are the groups whose rights are often compromised. UNFPA has been active in Ukraine since 1997.
In accordance with the organisational mandate and national development priorities of Ukraine, UNFPA implements a country programme of technical assistance to Ukraine for 2018-2022. Among several priorities, the country programme seeks to contribute to the development of robust national system of response and prevention of domestic and gender-based violence (GBV), establish functional intersectoral coordination and accountability mechanisms and enhance institutional capacities at the national and regional levels to ensure that majority of gender-based violence survivors seek and have access to good quality survivor-centred services, and Ukrainian society finds GBV unacceptable.
Through its GBV Response and Prevention Programme, UNFPA contributes to improving safety and security of women and girls, and thus, their willingness to participate in community life, including in conflict-affected communities. Women’s engagement and empowerment in community dialogue, including in displacement, is essential for laying a strong foundation for recovery and sustainable peace and development.
UNFPA is seeking highly-motivated candidates that share our passion of making a sound contribution to creating a Ukrainian society free from domestic and gender-based violence. We need strong professionals who are innovative, committed to excellence and keen to transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results.
The UNFPA GBV Response and Prevention Programme presently covers 21 regions of Ukraine, including most affected by the armed conflict (Donetsk and Luhansk GCA), and focuses on the delivery of the following outcomes:
- Increased perception of the unacceptability of gender-based violence in Ukrainian society.
- Improved equitable access of GBV survivors to survivor-centred services.
- Establishment of mechanisms of accountability to beneficiaries at the national and local levels.
Project Coordinator coordinates programme strands that contribute to the achievement of the Outcome 2 with the strategic aim of strengthening economic resilience of GBV survivors and people at risk of GBV.
Project Coordinator works in a client, quality and results-oriented manner in close collaboration with GBV Programme Team members, all units of the UNFPA Country Office (CO), UNFPA implementing partners (IPs), as well as personnel of other UN agencies to exchange information and ensure smooth implementation of GBV Programme streams and interventions in line with the approved work plans, indicators and milestones (Programme Results Framework).
Project Coordinator is one of the core programme team members and plays a vital role in ensuring smooth planning, coordination, and monitoring of programme interventions on economic empowerment of GBV survivors and people at risk of GBV. S/he ensures that all activities are carried out in line with UNFPA rules and procedures as well as donors’ requirements. S/he will be responsible for contributing to the achievements of programme’s objectives and quality management throughout the programme life cycle.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
A. Project coordination, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Coordinate implementation of GBV Programme strands that focus on economic empowerment of GBV survivors and people at risk;
- Design, coordinate and monitor the delivery of complex interventions on strengthening economic resilience of GBV survivors and people at risk of GBV;
- Identify, suggest and implement innovative solutions to maximise impact of GBV Programme interventions;
- Liaise, interact and coordinate cooperation with implementing partners and relevant stakeholders on all matters related to project strands implementation for the timely and effective achievement of planned results cost-effectively and sustainably;
- Conduct advocacy work with Programme partners and government stakeholders (national, regional and community level) to ensure sustainability of achieved results;
- Analyse project implementation and provide regular updates to GBV Programme Manager highlighting project strands implementation progress, bottlenecks and possible solutions;
- Contribute to collection, development and sharing of knowledge by synthesising and documenting findings and lessons learned, good practices, models, strategies and approaches of GBV Programme and UNFPA country office, and drafting relevant materials for dissemination;
- Prepare regular updates/briefs as required by GBV Programme Manager and UNFPA senior management;
- Provide comprehensive, outcome-oriented, evidence-based inputs to progress reports required by UNFPA and donors;
- Ensure visibility of UNFPA and GBV Programme through public relations, advocacy, working with the media and other communications activities.
B. Contribution to development of GBV response and prevention systems in target communities
- Coordinate deployment of economic empowerment interventions as part of the development of robust systems of GBV response and prevention in target communities, in close coordination and cooperation with Field Coordinator and Project Coordinator for social norms change;
- Design interventions for enhancing economic resilience of GBV survivors and people at risk in target communities;
- Facilitate collaborative partnerships with local businesses to support economic empowerment initiatives for GBV survivors as part of the systemic approach to addressing GBV in target communities.
C. Cooperation with corporate sector for GBV response and prevention
- Strengthen cooperation with the corporate sector in developing innovative GBV response and prevention initiatives, including economic empowerment opportunities for GBV survivors and people at risk of GBV;
- Coordinate implementation of joint projects with business on GBV response and prevention;
- Coordinate provision of technical support to corporate partners to deploy programmes and mechanisms of GBV response and prevention;
- Perform other tasks as requested by GBV Programme Manager and UNFPA senior management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in project management, capacity development, development work or related area preferably with an international organisation or multilateral technical assistance project;
- Strong experience in designing and/or coordinating projects on economic empowerment;
- Sound experience of establishing effective partnerships with the corporate sector, government and civil society at the national and sub-national levels;
- Knowledge of GBV response and prevention, gender equality, women empowerment will be a strong asset;
- Excellent analytical skills and innovative thinking, as evidenced by developed intellectual products, designed interventions and innovative solutions implemented in work;
- Proficiency in MS Office package, Google applications and teleconferencing tools;
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods, particularly with UNFPA agenda, policies and procedures will be a benefit.
Advanced Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, International Development, Gender Studies, Project Management, Business Administration or related areas.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing cultural diversity
- Embracing change
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Delivering results-based programmes
- Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilisation
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
- Communicating for impact
- Providing strategic focus
- Engaging in internal/external partners and stakeholders
- Leading, developing and empowering people, creating a culture of performance
- Making decisions and exercising judgment
Please apply through the link by February 11, 2022