Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Coordinator (Kherson).
The five-year USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East’s methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East activities are implemented across five project offices: Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, and Kherson.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Assist program staff with drafting and/or reviewing DevResults Project Database entries on activity development and support the development of activity M&E plans, including indicators and data collection tools;
• Assist program staff and DG East grantees with monitoring activities to ensure that all required data, outcomes, and impact evidence are comprehensively captured in a timely manner and entered into the DevResults Project Database;
• Edit and/or assist program staff in drafting impact and results summaries for active grants and/or other reporting as required;
• Contribute to report preparation to ensure that reports capture results and impact, not only volume of activity;
• Conduct periodic site visits and attend grantee events and activities to collect data for monitoring and evaluation, and document field trips in the database and through photographs, focus groups discussions, interviews, observations, stakeholder meetings, etc.;
• Organize scheduling and logistics of field data collection;
• Liaise with the AMU staff to ensure consistency of qualitative information being collected and captured for database entries;
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the MEL Manager, Regional Director, Chief of Party, or Deputy Chief of Party.
• This position is based in Kherson city with possible travels around Ukraine.
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred;
• Minimum two (2) years of Monitoring & Evaluation experience required; experience working with USAID or other development funders is a plus;
• Strong computer literacy skills required in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, web browsers, and email;
• Proficiency of working on data analysis applications;
• Excellent communications and writing ability and demonstrated successful interpersonal skills;
• Ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact from the perspective of donors, program planners and partners;
• Fluent Ukrainian and Russian is required; proficiency in English is strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with MEL-Kherson listed in the subject line by January 28, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”