Under the supervision of the Economic Recovery Team Leader and Economic Recovery Programme Manager, Economic Recovery Specialist will lead research, new proposal development and coordination functions. The special focus will be placed on exploring the opportunities for cooperation with the private sector and banking/finance institutions operating in Ukraine. In addition, this position will act as a focal point to coordinate the livelihoods working technical group, that will be created in partnership with the Food Security and Livelihoods Cluster.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Under the supervision of the Economic Recovery Team Leader lead research activities, including initiating new studies, collection and analysis of data produced by other actors in the economic recovery field, etc.
- Provide lessons learnt analysis of the ongoing DRC livelihoods projects in Ukraine, that will be used for new proposal development.
- Mapping of the potential donors, private sector partners and other relevant stakeholders, that can partner with DRC’s economic recovery programme.
- Provide liaison function with the private sector (both national and international) operating in Ukraine and explore cooperation and co-investment opportunities with them, that could benefit population targeted by DRC.
- Explore cooperation opportunities with Ukrainian banking and finance sector, with the purpose to develop available business and housing loans schemes for the vulnerable population targeted by DRC.
- This role will also imply regular analysis and updates on the business loans situation in the region and their availability to the micro, small and medium enterprises.
- Coordinates livelihoods activities implemented by DRC with other similar actors, to ensure synergies and best effective use of the available resources.
- Ensures integration of economic recovery programmes with other DRC programmes and activities.
- Lead the establishment and activities of livelihoods technical working group, that will be created together with the Food Security and Livelihoods Cluster.
- Participate in development of various PR materials, as well as monitoring and evaluation exercises undertaken within the Economic Recovery Programme.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have minimum 3 years of practical experience in the economic development field, business and/or in the finance sector, such as private companies, banks or micro-loan institutions. Experience in banking sector working with the business credits is a big advantage.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Advanced project presentation skills
- Experience in economic-resilience projects in the context of the ongoing conflict in the east of Ukraine would be considered as an advantage
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good knowledge of key office programmes
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in Ukrainian
Contract length: until the December 2022, based on satisfactory probation period of 3 months, with possibility of further extension based on available funding.
Level: G non-managerial
Duty station: Kyiv
Start date: asap
The application is open for Ukraine citizens only. Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National Staff.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
• Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
• Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
• Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
• Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
• Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website https://drc.ngo/.