- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity (the “Activity”) is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Together the above components will improve short-term cybersecurity resilience in Ukraine and establish a solid foundation for long-term cybersecurity independence and leadership. Lessons and best practices from key critical infrastructure sectors will extend to all parts of the public sector, as well as to the private sector and civil society.
2. Role’s Purpose:
Under the overall program and in support of communications and learning, the Activity aims to engage the Communications Manager to increase Activity’s visibility and promote its activities and those of its beneficiaries in accordance with its Strategic Communications Plan..
The Communications Manager will oversee and manage all areas of activity communications and reporting.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Implement and update the USAID Cybersecurity Activity Strategic Communications Plan, including utilization of social media platforms, for internal and external communications
- Contribute to a process for preparing Activity deliverables and reports, including developing reporting templates in accordance with USAID branding requirements
- Build the capacity of the Activity’s staff in developing content from interventions and success stories
- Collect inputs and organize data-calls to the relevant programmatic teams to solicit information on progress of Activity interventions
- Integrate, edit, and finalize communications products, including draft written materials, success stories, press releases, and regular reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Manage and store all documents in DAI’s management information system (TAMIS) and SharePoint folder
- Maintain and develop content for the Activity’s website or Facebook page or other social media accounts in coordination with the IT team and USAID
- Work with Activity staff to develop and produce marketing, outreach, and materials for events
- Serve as the point of contact for all local media inquiries
- Serve as a liaison with media groups to cover specific and relevant Activity interventions such as opening and closing ceremonies
- Provide quality assurance on USAID branding and marking requirements
- Ensure consistency in templates used, in terminology and titles, and in formatting of Activity communications materials
- Working with Technical Leads, liaise with relevant stakeholders, including institutional and private sector partners to increase knowledge and awareness of Activity developments
- Monitor press coverage – including news wires, local newspapers, television, and radio and summarize for internal distribution to staff
- Monitor and compile information regarding global and regional issues, trends, and events related to cybersecurity
- Develop SOWs and assist with procurement of external communications services (i.e. graphic design, media production, etc.)
- Develop SOWs for embedded communication consultants with Activity’s beneficiaries, together with relevant component lead. oversee and coordinate their work and reporting
- Supervise and coordinate the work of Communications Officer and Social Media Expert
- Coordinate and develop responses to on-demand information for USAID or other stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, literature, or another related field; master’s degree preferred
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in communications, reporting, communications product development, for USAID or other international donor-funded activities
- Knowledge of USAID branding and marking requirements preferred
- Experience in the field of cybersecurity is a major advantage
- Social media savvy, targeting skills is an advantage
- Excellent writing skills and experience preparing well-researched reports
- Demonstrated experience designing strategic communications plans, developing and implementing knowledge management tools or systems, and developing content for social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners and stakeholders in a multi-country setting
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and PowerPoint), graphic arts, and/or desktop publishing software
- Familiarity with local vendors for different communications/media production services
- Fluent English and Ukrainian is required, knowledge of Russian language is a plus
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English to Відправити резюме. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.