Duties and Responsibilities
Support to Financial Activities:
- Provide day-to-day management of the Component’s financial operations in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Prepare and monitor operations budgets, assist in preparation of Component’s budgets and maintain necessary budgetary controls and records;
- Prepare documents for payments in accordance with the approved budgets;
- Ensure process of payment requests and payments within the limits of the approved budgets;
- Prepare accurate budget revisions;
- Prepare requests for financial authorization to UNDP Country Office in accordance with the approved budgets;
- Monitor expenditures and prepare financial forecasts on a regular basis;
- Prepare accurate financial reports, including monthly and quarterly disbursement reports and financial reports for donors;
- Implement the internal control system which ensures that contracts and purchase orders are duly prepared, dispatched and timely executed;
- Ensure timely corrective actions on contracts and purchase orders with errors, expiring dates and other issues;
- Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of the databases and files related to the Component’s activity; maintain accurate electronic and paper filing, information and records systems;
- Support collection, analysis and submission of the data and files for the purpose of audit and evaluation processes;
- Contribute to the Component’s annual and detailed project implementation work plans and procurement plans, duly monitor the approved milestones based on the requirements of the UNDP and programme donors;
- Assist programme management in preparation/revision of Programme Implementation Plan.
Administrative and Logistical Support:
- Facilitate timely and proper preparation, collection and submission of full set of documents for the projects registration cards;
- Maintain the database of all stakeholders and partners;
- Provide logistical support, including travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, tickets, create Travel Requests/Travel Claims etc. to the Component personnel;
- Facilitate and provide full support to component monitoring, evaluation and audit missions, as well as missions of experts;
- Provide support to various activities implemented by the Component at the national and sub-national levels. Participate in the activities (online meetings, round tables, conferences, etc.). Support their preparation, implementation and follow up, etc.;
- Provide support to communication activities and events of the Component;
- Perform administrative support functions to facilitate the implementation of the project activities, including personnel matters, attendance records, leave monitoring, facilitating missions, office maintenance, etc.;
- Assure timely and accurate preparation, collection and submission of the documents required for the Component team’s contracts extension;
- Keep updated project inventory and assure that UNDP regulations on the equipment use, storage and proper maintenance are adhered. Assure that the project equipment transfer/disposal is being done in accordance with UNDP rules; Provide assistance with project documents translation and interpretation as needed;
- Maintain stationery and office supplies, purchase office equipment when needed;
- Handle project correspondence;
- Liaise with UN RPP and UNDP Operations units on a variety of operations related issues: procurement, financial management and human resources;
- Ensure mainstreaming of gender equality considerations in the project implementation, promote a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behaviour
- Facilitate the process of procurement and delivery of goods and services through tender/non-tender procurement processes in accordance with SOPs;
- Support the organization of procurement processes including creation of Procurement Plan cases, e-requisitions, requests for vendor creation, etc.;
- Maintain updated database of the project counterparts, contractors, consultants, suppliers, develop and collect performance evaluations of the service and goods providers.
Support to Communication Activities:
- Review press and publications for articles of interest to the Component and circulate them to programme staff;
- Prepare the correspondence related to the Component’s activity, maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions and partners, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.;
- Ensure all project communications and training activities are in line with UNDP gender-responsive communications principles.
Support to other activities of the Component:
- Maintain component information calendars in IMS and other systems: events, trainings, mission, etc.;
- Assists in meetings, drafts minutes and correspondence as requested;
- Organize the reception of visitors;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of gender equality and women’s empowerment considerations in the field of expertise, promote a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behaviour, and use the principles of gender-responsive communications in line with the UNDP corporate standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Business Development Specialist and Economic Recovery Specialist.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education
Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, International Relations, Management, Social Sciences, Political Sciences, Public Administration, or other relevant areas would be desired.
6 years of practical, progressively responsible experience of working in the field of administration, coordinating project or programme activities in public or international organization in the relevant fields.
Alternatively, if in possession of Bachelor’s degree, 3 years of relevant experience would be required.
Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) and/or advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian is required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 06 January 2022.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.