Under the direct supervision of the Field Operations Manager, the Administrative Associate will be responsible for providing administrative support to the activities of the Programme as a whole.
The Administrative Associate provides ongoing project and administrative assistance and support to RPP with regard to its activities, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
The Administrative Associate works in collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the UNDP Country Office to exchange information and ensure consistent services delivery.
The incumbent will promote UNDP’s mandate as a gender-responsive organization with zero tolerance to any kind of discriminatory and abusive behavior, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
- Supports implementation and coordination of programme/project activities and operational services in the assigned area, through:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Support of programme monitoring, coordination and implementation, including follow-up on operational support services (payments, recruitments, procurement);
- Compilation and preparation of briefing and presentation materials, speeches, background information and documentation for meetings and missions;
- Organization of workshops, trainings, and other programme and operational related events;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Monitoring and follow-up on programme implementation and operational support issues, and providing accurate and timely updates to the supervisor;
- Provision of inputs on administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs);
- Prepare programme related correspondence, maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, etc
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Ensures effective administrative and logistical support to the Programme implementation, as required, through:
- Contacts with visitors and staff, coordination of appointments and meetings, acting as an interpreter when required and/or taking minutes;
- Translation of simple correspondences, when needed;
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for UNDP shipments (received/sent), preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions;
- Performance of a Travel Requester role in Atlas and preparation of E-req for procurement of goods and services;
- Providing logistical support, including travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, tickets, etc. to the programme component staff
- Support to procurement of goods and services within approved level of delegated authority;
- Facilitating the process of procurement and delivery of programme goods and services through tender process in accordance with SOP;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to the Supervisor;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget; confirmation of availability of funds prior to review by supervisor;
- Proper control of supporting documents of funds and activities;
- Provision of information for audit.
- Supports office maintenance and proper assets management through:
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report;
- Custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery;
- Distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution;
- Coordination of assets management in the Project Office, maintenance of records, timely preparation and submission of periodic inventory reports;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance.
- Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing through
- Participation in the trainings for the Programme personnel;
- Briefing/debriefing of Programme personnel on issues relating to area of work;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Liaises with UNDP HR Unit and provide HR support services to the Progamme personnel.
- Performs relevant supervision of assigned drivers.
- Ensures mainstreaming of gender equality considerations in the project implementation, promote a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behavior.
Measurable outputs of the work assignment
- Full and appropriate use of UNDP Programme Operational Policies and Procedures and UNDP Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of the Programme.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results
- Relevant outputs of the programme annual work plan are fully and timely implemented.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Law, Political or Social Sciences or other related fields would be desirable but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of practical, progressively responsible experience in the field of administration, finance, programme/project support or other relevant fields, or at least 3 years of such relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Experience in working with and knowledge of ATLAS will be an advantage.
- Experience of working with international organizations/projects will be considered an advantage.
- Working experience with UNDP or other UN agency will be considered a strong asset.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian is required
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 28 December, 2021.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest.
Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Nationals or others legally authorized to work in Ukraine are eligible for consideration. (country of citizenship or place of permanent residence)