Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
Through this Reform Initiative, SURGe supports the Government of Ukraine with implementation of the National Strategy of Reforming the Institutional Care and Upbringing of Children for 2017-2026. The RI aims to build capacity of local governments to introduce integrated child-oriented services at the community level preventing children institutionalization.
To achieve this goal, SURGe Project is looking forSpecialized Services Expert who will be working with the team to help design and pilot services for children with disabilities and build local specialists capacity on their delivery.
Level of effort: Full time, Monday-Friday. The expert will be based in Kyiv.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Participate in the development of tools for assessing needs of children with disabilities which will inform work with them and their parents based on the multifunctional centres, being operationalized in 3 pilot communities of Lviv Oblast; ensure that the tools are aligned with the best international practices;
- Develop services and programs to be provided for children with disabilities in multifunctional centres in 3 pilot communities of Lviv Oblast;
- Develop training materials and conduct trainings for multidisciplinary teams of pilot multifunctional centres on case management, services delivery, techniques of working with children with behavioral and emotional disorders, intellectual disabilities, and building parents’ capacity to address needs of their children;
- Guide the team of the multifunctional centres, operationalized in 3 pilot communities of Lviv Oblast, in building partnerships with schools, Inclusive-Recourse centres and other service providers to promote inclusion for children with disabilities and their meaningful participation in social life;
- Work closely with the Ministry of Social Policy on refinement of tools, standards of services and programs piloted in Lviv oblast and seek their institutionalization.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- University degree in social science field combined with at least three (3) years of professional experience is required;
- Relevant experience in development of programs and/or services for children with disabilities and their families;
- Experience of partnering with parents in the design and delivery of services;
- Experience of delivery trainings/sessions, facilitation for specialists working with children with disabilities or facilitation of parental support groups is an asset;
- Clearly demonstrated ability to conceptualize development issues and write quality analytical materials is essential;
- Relevant experience of national level advocacy on disability issues is an asset.
Other experience and skills:
- Strong ethics, well-balanced and mature personality, positive attitude to the job;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly;
- Citizen of Ukraine.
- Good command of English, both written and speaking skills
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on January 03, 2022 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please ensure to stateSpecialized Social Service Expert in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.