Under the overall supervision of Community Security and Social Cohesion Specialist, providing support to the implementation of the programme activities:
- Provide strategic and operational support in the conceptualization, development and implementation of the overall grant-making process;
- Provide guidance related to grants-management, including monitoring the implementation of grantee projects, and in close collaboration with M&E Specialist, assure the quality of monitoring and reporting;
- Ensure the implementation of the call for proposals and grantee selection processes including thorough review and assessment of concept notes and full-fledged proposals, accompanying budgets and monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Lead the design and execution of the grants application system, including design and production of assessment criteria;
- Ensure close and effective cooperation with community mobilization team, rule of law, social cohesion and community security team, decentralization and support to small business components on the issues of planning, linking programmatic and operational processes and ensuring reaching of planned deliverables;
- Ensure provision of guidance to all potential grant applicants to support the completion of applications, including concept notes and full-fledged proposals;
- Oversee the grant allocation processes ensuring coordination with all relevant stakeholders, in line with the grant agreements and/or guidelines;
- Oversee recipient organizations’ compliance with programmatic and financial rules.
- Maintain a centralized portfolio of all active and closed grants, and provide portfolio updates to RPP management
- Maintain cooperation with the project partners that provide assistance in the implementation of the project small grants scheme to ensure its effectiveness;
- Monitor grantee performance to ensure achievement of project performance targets and proper use of funds by reviewing grantee programmatic and financial reports, performing site and event visits to grantees;
- Consult grantees on financial accounting and reporting issues concerning grant project budget is in compliance with the UNDP SOPs;
- Performing relevant supervision of assigned Small Grants Associates;
- Undertake technical and monitoring missions to grant recipient projects;
- Establish and maintain a harmonious working environment; seek to strengthen team-building by encouraging active participation and interaction at all levels; foster staff motivation, professional development and lead by example.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Political Sciences, Law, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences, or other relevant areas;
- Bachelor’s degree with additional two years of extensive progressively responsible relevant experience is accepted in lieu of Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience of joint project implementation with civil society, administration of business processes, social science;
- Candidates in possession of Bachelor’s degree require minimum 4 years of relevant work experience;
- At least 2 years of experience in grant management, especially in the areas of community security, local development, social cohesion, civic engagement, support to civil society
- Fluent Ukrainian, Russian and English languages
Desired additional skills and competencies
- Experience in result-based management (RBM) will be considered as an asset;
- Experience with databases and data management will be considered as an asset;
- Previous experience within UNDP or other UN agencies, a governmental, other multilateral or civil society organization is highly desirable;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 03 January 2022.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.