Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
The expert team assists the Ministry of Justice with the planning and implementation of the penitentiary reform, which aims to promote wider application of non-custodial measures to offenders who committed minor or medium gravity offences and to create proper conditions for the detention of convicts in penitentiary institutions promoting their rehabilitation and decreasing the risk of reoffending.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for a Business Analyst to provide consulting services to the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on analysis of the possibility for implementation of the automated tools (incl. Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions) for monitoring the operational activities, financial condition, and use of funds of prisons.
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to a Deputy Director (Legal) of the Project and the Deputy Minister responsible for this reform component.
Level of effort: full time, Monday-Friday.
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- To conduct a review and create a catalog of the main business processes of the Penitentiary Service of Ukraine in terms of operational and financial activities, including identified their main participants, regulations, deadlines, tools used, bottlenecks, digitization opportunities, etc.
- To analyze the appropriate international experience of using ERP class systems within Penitentiary services of other countries.
- To conduct a comparative analysis of the existing ERP solutions in terms of compliance with the needs of the Ministry of Justice and deadlines for implementation.
- Prepare a Concept for the development of an ERP system within Penitentiary service of Ukraine to monitor the operational activities, financial condition, and use of funds of prisons, including a draft roadmap for implementation.
- Prepare functional requirements for the creation of the system, which will be the basis for the preparation of the technical requirements for its creation.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- 2+ years on business analytic position.
- Knowledge of BPMN and / or UML, practical experience of process description.
- Experience in implementing ERP, CRM systems (obligatory).
- Experience of communication with clients (conducting a survey, requirements preparation).
- Understanding the infrastructure elements used in building the target architecture of the solution (web-server, application server, database server, clusters, firewalls, AD, etc.).
- Experience in preparation of the project documentation (concepts, functional requirements, technical requirements etc.).
- Ability to define, understand and translate business requirements into technical specifications for software developers.
- Experience working with task management systems (JIRA, Redmine, Git) and documentation (Confluence).
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on January 09, 2022 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please, ensure to state Business Analyst in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.