Ще не з нами? Зареєструйтесь зараз
UNV Post Title: Protection Refugee Status Determination Assistant
Type of assignment: National UNV Volunteer
Project Title: Protection monitoring activities and support to the asylum systems in the sub-region of Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine.
Duration: Initially 3 months with extension
Location, Country: Kyiv, Ukraine
Expected starting date: 1 October 2010
Brief Project Description: UNHCR seeks to strengthen national asylum systems and safeguard asylum in the broader migration context through dynamic partnerships with the European Union, national governments and NGOs.
Host Agency/Host Institute: United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Organizational Context: The National UNV volunteers will work under the supervision of the National Legal Officer.
Type of assignment place: assignment with family
Description of Duties:
• Assists in the design and implementation of UNHCR Refugee Status Determination (RSD) procedures through NGO partners in Kyiv and in other regions of Ukraine;
• Monitors, organizes and disseminates to NGO and government partners relevant information from countries producing refugees to facilitate UNHCR RSD; • Conducts basic UNHCR RSD interviews with asylum seekers, and presents results and recommendations to supervisor:
• Assists in informing and counselling asylum seekers and refugees on the results of UNHCR RSD decisions;
• Supports in furnishing asylum seekers with UNHCR identity documents;
• Drafts relevant reports and maintain individual case and general filing regarding UNHCR RSD;
• Prepares and participates in co-ordination, information and training activities related to Refugee Status Determination standards and Law for NGO and government partners;
• Assists in communications with the government and NGOs in Ukraine as well as relevant UNHCR offices abroad, promoting due process for Refugee Status Determination;
• Assists the general functioning of the UNHCR Protection unit by providing further reception, secretarial, administrative and interpretation/translation support as required;
• Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
Furthermore, UNV volunteers are encouraged to:
12. Results/Expected Output:
13. Qualifications/Requirements: at least 25 years of age, University degree preferably in Law or political sciences, 2-3 years of relevant work experience
14. Living Conditions: Kiev is a family duty station and has no security phase. Ukraine is stable and safe with reasonable health and education facilities and good transport infrastructure. 15. Conditions of Service A 3-months contract with possible extension; monthly volunteer living allowance (VLA) intended to cover housing, basic needs and utilities; settling-in-grant (if applicable); life, health, and permanent disability insurance; resettlement allowance for satisfactory service.
Interested applicants should uplodad their curriculum vitae in English by 14 September 2010 through the UNDP website: http://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?job_id=18963