- Activity Background:
The purpose of the United Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity (“the Activity”) is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthening the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory, and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure (CI) sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Developing Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Building a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Reporting to the Component 3 Market and Industry Development Lead, the Market and Investment Development Coordinator will have a wide and varied portfolio of projects across the Component to support the development of new investments, market (buyer & provider) growth and innovations in the cybersecurity market in Ukraine. The Market and Investment Development Coordinator will work across different areas of the Component, providing project management support for various initiatives, all of which play a key part in helping the Cyber Activity and Component 3 reach its goals.
2. Role’s Purpose:
The Market and Investment Development Coordinator will have an important role in helping to execute multiple activities across Component 3, including:
- Component 3 Ongoing Development
Working with the Component 3 Lead, the Market and Investment Development Coordinator will have responsibility for helping to evaluate new proposed projects and for bringing new initiatives into the Component 3 pipeline.
2. Supporting the Cybersecurity Center for Innovation (CCI)
The Market and Investment Development Coordinator will work with the CCI Manager on specific tasks within CCI in the following areas:
- Community Development to increase collaboration between government, business, experts and academia to jointly address the most pressing cybersecurity challenges for Ukraine.
- Market Development to create awareness of and increased use of cybersecurity products and services within Ukraine.
- Innovation Development to address key cybersecurity challenges through identifying and supporting cybersecurity innovations (concepts and research) and solutions (products, and services) from start-ups, service companies, researchers and independent teams.
3. Supporting Investment Development
The Market and Investment Development Coordinator will work with the Investment Development on activities in the sphere of Investment Development, which seeks to increase access to finance through several initiatives, including bringing new direct investments into the Ukrainian cybersecurity ecosystem; reviewing potential GOU CI projects that need investment; exploring the use of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in cybersecurity.
- The Market and Investment Development Coordinator will work with the CCI Manager, to ensure that all activities oversee a Dialogue series developed to connect the government, academia and business to discuss and address high level cybersecurity issues. Additionally, in collaboration with the cybersecurity company ecosystem, the CCI Manager will evaluate the benefits and outcomes of supporting the launch of a cybersecurity Association to provide a unified platform for promoting Ukrainian cybersecurity companies, fostering community at the technical creation level.
- The CCI Manager will work to create greater awareness and demand in the cybersecurity Buyer’s market through public awareness campaigns, training for CEO/CFO/COO executives to educate businesses about cybersecurity needs and support the participation of Ukrainian cybersecurity providers at international events.
General Administration and Performance Monitoring and Reporting
- Collect data and reports from partners, monitor their progress and ensure deliverables and objectives are being met
- Prepare and/or review progress reports and presentations for the USAID and key stakeholders
- Provide Market and Industry Development Lead, Chief of Party, and Deputy Chief of Party with updates on each activity’s progress on a weekly/monthly basis, as requested
- Work closely with the communications team to ensure appropriate visibility to public about investments, grants and PPPs including events, major milestones, and success stories
4. Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor’s or higher educational degree in business, finance, economics, or related field.
- Must have at least 3 years of project management experience with at least 1 year of experience working with international partners.
- Must have knowledge of the tech or cybersecurity sector in Ukraine.
- Experience working with Government of Ukraine partners and stakeholders preferred.
- Previous experience with USAID or other donor funded projects preferred.
- Understanding of the process of implementing grants and technical assistance Requests for Proposals is a plus.
- Must be a strong team player, as well as have ability to work on own without day-to-day oversight.
- Ability to manage multiple partners, deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Solid communications skills, including excellent spoken and written ability in both English and Ukrainian.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter in English to [email protected]. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.