Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide expert and technical advisory support to local authorities and communities in the development and implementation of the strategy of health through informational, educational and capacity development activities for regional and local authorities, staff of the hospitals and population;
- Develop and conduct the health reform implementation plan on the regional level;
- Collect and analyze the official annual data, disaggregated by sex, on Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs), Communicable Diseases (tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, etc.) for adopting the implementation plan;
- Conduct workshops on gender-responsive good governance, budgeting and financial planning of local health care expenditure for local authorities/doctors in profile departments;
- Develop the professional platform for networking and partnership building with national and regional authorities, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), private sector and international development organizations or projects;
- Support in organization of study visits of two sub-national stakeholders to EU country to benchmark and contribute to the evidence base on what is needed in terms of health governance, planning and budgeting, service delivery and quality of services that respond to the needs of women and men;
- Contribute to the development of the Guide on gender-responsive community/local health governance in hospital districts, their development and strengthen their capacity;
- Contribute to capacity assessment, capacity building and technical assistance for the improvement of medical services on the local level;
- Conduct the training on external resource mobilization and grant management for healthcare authorities, and members of territorial communities (hromad);
- Develop pilot «hospital districts» (HDs) activities in Donetsk and Lugansk oblasts and conduct capacity assessment of medical institutions in these targeted hospital districts;
- Support the hospital district boards in developing the five years development plan, based on the international experience;
- Provide the best practice point in these hospital districts and share their experience for other hospital districts in each region;
- Provide a clear interaction of authorities of territorial communities (hromad) with authorities of hospital districts;
- Contribute to preparation and implementation of communication strategy for promoting health reform efforts based on the principles of gender-responsive and non-discriminatory communications;
- Prepare reports, memoranda, briefs, presentations and other materials related to health policy and reform; ensure the development of cross-project linkages with other relevant UN projects and programmes and other stakeholders’ projects in order to create synergies.
- Provide and conduct the training, seminar, webinar using the international best practices and guidelines for the local authorities, doctors, health care managers, paramedics, students of medical colleges/ universities, journalists;
- Provide substantial inputs to the promotion of private medicine development through educating of primary care doctors on establishing of an individual enterprise;
- Monitor, coordinate and supervise field activities and provide technical support to ensure the Component objectives are met;
- Ensure that programme contributes to the promotion of gender equality by reaching, involving and benefiting both women and men in its activities (gender mainstreaming)
- Facilitate programme monitoring and evaluation, as well as audit activities;
- Prepare sections of the Programme/Component reports, including progress and annual reports, as well as any ad-hoc technical reports;
- Ensure the mainstreaming of gender equality and women’s empowerment considerations in the field of expertise and use the principles of gender-responsive communications in line with the UNDP corporate standards;
- Support the promotion of team culture and zero tolerance to any sexual misconduct in the team through leadership and personal example;
- Perform other activities as requested by Programme Coordinator and UNDP Management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in Management, Medicine Sciences, Public Health, Social Science, or other relevant fields.
- Bachelor’s degree with additional two years of extensive progressively responsible relevant experience might be considered in lieu of Master’s degree.
- 2 years (with Master’s degree) of relevant experience in the field of public health, social policy or local governance;
- 4 years (with Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience in the field of public health, social policy or local governance.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS 24 December 2021.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply:
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.