FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in civil society, peacebuilding, health, nutrition, education, economic development, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,500 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Quality Improvement and Strategic Information (QI/SI) Officer for a five-year USAID project, Community Action for HIV Control Activity, focused on accelerating Ukraine’s efforts to achieve HIV epidemic control by 2030 by improving prevention, testing and linkage to care among key and priority populations. FHI 360 is a subawardee to the prime implementer of this USAID project. This project is funded Prevention, HIV case finding, linkage to care and continuity in care among key populations. This project is funded through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The Finance Assistant position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
The QI/SI Officer will be responsible for leading and coordinating FHI 360’s activities related to community HIV service quality improvement and use of project data for technical activity performance monitoring, data collection and reporting.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Under guidance of the Senior Technical Advisor, develop, implement and monitor practical approaches for a comprehensive quality improvement (QI) program for key populations in Ukraine.
- Provide training of project staff and community partners in QI methodology.
- Provide coaching to QI teams in design, implementation, and evaluation of QI activities.
- Develop data collection and analysis systems to effectively monitor the impact of programmatic activities within the scope of the project on the regional trends in HIV testing, HIV prevention services uptake, linkage to ARV treatment.
- Develop and maintain a database/storage/warehouse of strategic data and information related to the project activities. Such data and information might include publicly available HIV epidemiologic data and reports, HIV prevalence/incidence data, project’s internal programmatic performance data, etc.
- Develop and maintain data visualization instruments: dashboards (including, but not limited to, interactive/dynamic dashboards); prepare infographics based on the results of data analysis.
- Conduct data analysis of indicators and other relevant programmatic, epidemiologic, socio-demographic, behavioral data collected from baseline and other data sources within the project activities. With the technical team, make appropriate recommendations to the program activities based on analysis of the collected data.
- Conduct statistical analysis of programmatic data: develop scientific questions, design data collection procedures and forms, perform univariate/bivariate/multivariate statistical analysis, prepare reports based on the statistical analysis results.
- Participate in the process of development of the data products for the project’s needs (dashboards, web-applications).
- Participate in the process of building capacity of regional partners of the project in data management, data analysis, data products use for programmatic purposes.
- Report and disseminate results, lessons learned and data collected for the project.
- Work collaboratively across the team to ensure the program is meeting its goals and objectives
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, statistics, analytics or other related discipline.
- At least 8 years of experience managing QI programs, including data collection and analysis and the provision of technical assistance.
- Experience working with Ukrainian CSOs to implement QI activities and collect data.
- Experience designing and providing capacity building assistance in data management, data analysis, data products use.
- Familiarity with Ukrainian public health and healthcare systems, particularly with HIV prevention and treatment areas.
- Familiarity with HIV epidemiology in Ukraine.
- Experience working with key populations affected by HIV in Ukraine.
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects in Ukraine or Eastern Europe.
- Fluent oral and written English and Ukrainian.
- Willingness to learn and develop in the public health and healthcare data analytics, development of data products.
- Experience in development of statistical models in the field of public health, epidemiology.
- Experience with R programming language (and RStudio) and/or Python programming language for data analysis.
- Experience with data visualization instruments (R’s ggplot2, Shiny packages; Python’s Pandas, Matplotlib packages; Tableau; MS Power BI and the likes).
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Working knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Excellent command of MS Excel for data analysis.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK: QI/SI Officer
ALTERNATIVELY, TO APPLY:
- Please go to the FHI 360 careers website: https://www.fhi360.org/careers
- Click on ‘Search Jobs’
- Select ‘Ukraine’ from the drop-down menu under the ‘Country’ option
- Click on the ‘Quality Improvement and Strategic Information Advisor - Ukraine’ position
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button in the pop-up description of the open vacancy.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.