- Activity Background:
The purpose of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity is to strengthen the resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure from cyberattacks by establishing trusted collaboration between key cybersecurity stakeholders in the government, private sector, academia, and civil society. The activity aims to achieve this goal by implementing the following activity components:
Component 1: Strengthen the cybersecurity enabling environment
The legal, regulatory and institutional framework for national cybersecurity in Ukraine needs to be strengthened and aligned with international standards and best practices. This component will strengthen the cybersecurity resilience of Ukraine’s critical infrastructure sectors by addressing legislative gaps, promoting good governance, enabling collaboration between stakeholders, and supporting cybersecurity institutions. This component will also build the technical capacity of key sectors through increased access to cybersecurity technology and equipment.
Component 2: Develop Ukraine’s cybersecurity workforce
Ukraine suffers from a severe shortage of cybersecurity professionals. This component of the USAID Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure in Ukraine Activity will address workforce gaps through activities that develop new cybersecurity talent and build the capacity of existing talent. These activities will address the entire workforce pipeline, the quality of education received by cybersecurity specialists, and industry training programs to rapidly upskill Ukraine’s workforce to respond to immediate cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Component 3: Build a resilient cybersecurity industry
A growing cybersecurity industry in Ukraine will contribute directly to national security and prosperity. This component will seek to build trust and collaboration between the public and private sector to develop innovative solutions for future cybersecurity challenges; spur investment and growth in the broader cybersecurity market in Ukraine through greater access to financing; support smaller cybersecurity companies to rapidly increase the number of local cybersecurity service providers; and offer mechanisms for Ukrainian firms to connect with industry partners to enable better access to innovations and business opportunities.
Together the above components will improve short-term cybersecurity resilience in Ukraine and establish a solid foundation for long-term cybersecurity independence and leadership. Lessons and best practices from key critical infrastructure sectors will extend to all parts of the public sector, as well as to the private sector and civil society.
- Role’s Purpose:
The overall role of the Administrative Coordinator is to ensure proper flow of office procedures, and to support USAID Cybersecurity team by by carrying out common office duties. S/he will maintain a positive and friendly company image by acting as the first line of contact to visitors, customers, and vendors in person, online, and via telephone, oversee the maintenance and operation of office equipment and keeping the supplies in stock. S/he will assist in procurements related to the Activity’s operations and participate in organization of the Activity’s events. The Administrative Coordinator’s role will include working closely with USAID Cybersecurity team by handling clerical duties, coordinating calendars, organizing meetings, and performing other duties as required.
The Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Welcoming visitors and directing them to the relevant office/personnel;
- Support receipt and timely distribution of mail, DHL and other communications to responsible project staff;
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, and preparing documents, including office correspondence, memos, resumes, and presentations;
- Capture notes, action items, and meeting minutes and entering them into TAMIS as needed;
- Perform bookkeeping tasks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, registering receipts and incoming/outgoing correspondence;
- Maintain general office files related to the Activity’s operations. Maintain accurate and complete operational record-keeping and filing systems;
- Oversee the maintenance of office facilities, and equipment;
- Assist with procurements related to the Activity’s operations, including oral/written translation services, travel and events organization for USAID Cybersecurity team;
- Assist management and other staff to ensure compliance with USAID and DAI policies and procedures;
- Perform other relevant duties when needed.
- Assist in scheduling and preparing travel arrangements for meetings and events;
- Coordinate and managing appointments, meetings, and the conference room schedule in order to prevent duplicate bookings;
- Assist in coordination of travel and logistics for events and staff upon request.
- BA or BS degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years work experience in the administrative support field, preferably with USAID or other international donor-funded projects.
- Excellent writing and reading and speaking skills in English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] or via the DAI website. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.