Deadline for application: 17 December 2021
Please visit our site: https://www.ua.undp.org/content/ukraine/uk/home/jobs.html
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations and other non-State actors in the area of operation;
- Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required UNDP operations and programmatic activities;
- Communicates information on security to the UNDP management and provides host country security advice to UNDSS, as required;
- Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies;
- Provides technical assistance at SC, SMT (ASMT) meetings.
2) Assists in maintaining the Security Plan and security SOP, including updating staff lists:
- Provides inputs to the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan for the area;
- Supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan, as required;
- Assists with developing, updating and implementation of Security SOP;
- Provides security inputs for BCP development and testing.
3) Assists Resident Representative in monitoring compliance with country specific Security Risk Management (SRM) prevention and mitigation measures. Also assists with the compilation of data required for the Security Compliance Survey (SCS) Assists with/Conducts the security risk assessments (SRA) for UNDP premises including common premises and events. Provides guidelines for security guards on security-related procedures.
4) Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UNDP personnel, offices and assets in the area, and prepares initial draft of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report for attention of UNDP Management and UNDSS. Acts as focal contact point in case of accidents that involve UNDP vehicles.
5) Provides overall assistance to CO Senior Management:
- Prepares and maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents;
- Provides requested Administrative and Logistical support;
- Maintains a database on contact details in relation to host country/area and de-facto security authorities.
- Maintains, updates and tests regularly telephone tree and database of wardens in Country Office.
6) Provides support to enhancing security awareness:
- Organizes and conducts training courses on security awareness and preparedness;
- Provides security orientation to newly assigned staff members;
- Conducts security briefings, as required;
- Provides instructions for reception/security guards on security-related procedures for handling of visitors, mail, telephone calls.
7) Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the CO Senior Management such as:
- Conducts security evaluations and provides advice on security measures for the residences (Residential Security Measures – RSM) of UNDP international personnel, as well as on latest trends and threats to staff safety and security;
- Establishes and maintains Warden system and keeps update of information related to UNDP offices and residences in the area;
- Assists in implementation of Pass and ID system for UNDP personnel.
•Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact
•Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standards
•Propose new ideas, approaches and solutions to problems
•Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development professionally and personally
•Keep abreast of new developments in one’s professional area
Adapt with Agility
•Be flexible in handling change, and adopt new ideas, approaches and ways of working
•Seamlessly adapt to working within new situations or contexts, with new people, and in different ways
Act with Determination
•Pursue everything with motivation and drive
•Not give up in the face of adversity and setbacks; demonstrate resilience and composure
Engage and Partner
•Act in a way that demonstrates empathy and emotional intelligence, showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others
•Demonstrate and encourage teamwork and co-creation internally and externally to achieve joint objectives and results
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
•Treat all individuals with respect, consider ethical implications and respond sensitively to all differences among people
•Fully accept and value all people, creating an inclusive environment
Effective Decision Making
•Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
•Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
•Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share, particularly externally
•Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Digital Awareness and Literacy
•Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Working with Evidence and Data
•Ability to inspect, cleanse, transform and model data with the goal of discovering useful information, informing conclusions and supporting decision-making
Security Advisory, Planning & Coordination Services
•Ability to provide with authoritative advice and guidance on security management, plan and coordinate security activities
Security Information Management
•Analytical capabilities to process diverse security information and develop recommendations
Security Risk Management
•Ability to assess threats and risks, identify and oversee implementation of mitigation measures, including ability to design and test security plans
Security Incident Management & Monitoring
•Ability to provide adequate response to security incidents/events
Ability to design, contribute to, and/or facilitate meaningful security training programmes/courses
Required skills and competencies
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Knowledge of host country safety codes;
- Solid communication and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation;
- Ability to travel and work also in Non-Government controlled areas of Ukraine.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Security Management, Social Sciences or other related fields would be desirable but not a requirement.
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO;
- Experience in diplomatic security, protection and intelligence;
- Possession of a valid B- category driver’s license, C- category license and experience in driving armored vehicle.
- Secondary Education.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Security Management, Social Sciences or other related fields would be desired.
- 6 years of relevant experience in security or related fields.
- Alternatively, if in possession of Bachelor’s Degree, 3 years of relevant experience would be required.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian is required.
- Should any official travel be necessary in connection to this TOR, UNDP will reimburse the expenses based on the duly authorized travel details, including travel and per diems.
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
- Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.
- The Local Security Associate Reports to UNDP Resident Representative and maintains reporting line for policy and technical security direction and guidance to UNDP Security Office through Regional Security Advisor. Works in close collaboration with the UNDP Operations, personnel in the CO and Project staff in the region to share information and resolve security-related issues. In addition, works closely with UNDSS and other relevant security counterparts.
- Nationals or others legally authorized to work in Ukraine are eligible for consideration. (country of citizenship or place of permanent residence).