Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Title of Position: Intern
Type of Appointment: Part time (3 days/24 hrs per week)
Duration: 3 months
Organizational Unit: Migrant Protection and Assistance (MPA), IOM Ukraine
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the MPA Programme Coordinator, Senior Reintegration Specialist, and in coordination with the Senior AVRR Specialist, the intern will support the MPA activities, including those in E&S-managed projects, through performing the following tasks:
- Assist with database entry of information on VoTs, other returnees, and migrants in vulnerable situations.
- Analysis of existing data and make recommendations on presentation of analyses and information on IOM beneficiaries of direct assistance, for information sheets, reports, brief, presentations etc.
- Support communication and contact with projects’ beneficiaries, as needed
- Assist with in-house translation and interpretation when requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Internship learning outcomes
1.Increased thematic knowledge about migrant protection and assistance, and crises-affected populations
2.Understanding of IOM’s internal information management tools and processes, as well as their use
3.Improved knowledge about the mission and strategy of IOM, and particularly the work undertaken in Ukraine
4.Knowledge about internal processes and policies of IOM
Training sessions, online and in-person to the extent possible will include, but will not be limited to:
- Countering human trafficking in humanitarian settings
- United Nations Human Rights Responsibilities
- Protection mainstreaming
- Data protection
- MiMOSA (Migrant Management Operational. System Application)
- Prevention of sexual abuse and exploitation
The candidate should:
a) Be enrolled in the final academic year of Bachelor’s / Master`s level or equivalent;
b) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
c) or have graduated with a university degree (not later than 1 year ago)
Experience and skills
- Practical experience with a national NGO or an international organization in an administrative capacity an advantage.
- General knowledge of the counter-trafficking field in Ukraine an asset.
- Advanced computer software literacy (MS Office)
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (CV, a cover letter and a financial proposal to the assignment) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 December 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.”