Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Program Administration Officer to support its projects implemented in Eastern Ukraine.
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine
- Position: Program Administration Officer
- Location: Kyiv
- Job terms: full-time
- Duration: 3 months with a possibility of extension depending on the results of performance
- Starting date: asap
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since 2015 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of food security protection and livelihoods. PAH Ukraine is currently expanding programming from humanitarian to both early recovery and development-oriented interventions that provide sustainable livelihoods opportunities to the affected population.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the Financial Coordinator in financial/administrative aspects of the implementation of the projects;
- Following the requests from the Program Team, running the process of electronic approval of payments;
- Creating project-related budget monitoring tools (BMTs), entering costs into BMT on a daily basis;
- In close cooperation with project teams, ensuring all project-related financial documentation from the field staff is received and properly stored, coordinating the exchange of documentation between the locations;
- Assistance in transferring data from the accounting system to BMT and verification of correctness of data posted;
- Working with the client-bank system, extracting payment orders and bank statements;
- Completing sets of payment-related documents for monthly financial reporting, passing them to Accountancy;
- Preparing copies of sets of financial documentation for storing;
- Maintaining the Mission’s contracts’ register, placing scans of contracts on Google Drive;
- Participating in preparation of documents for donor and internal audits;
- Performing any other assigned tasks.
The successful Program Administration Officer will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Finance, Accountancy, Business Administration or any other relevant field;
- At least 1 year of work experience in the NGO sector in a similar position;
- Proven experience in processing large amount of documents and ensuring effective documents flow;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and Russian is required, English - intermediate;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Diligent and attentive to detail;
- Good analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong computer skills – knowledge of MS Office; skills in Word and Excel;
- Sound understanding of the local context.
What PAH offers:
- Work experience with the professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in Central-Eastern Europe;
- Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
- Possibility for professional development;
- Competitive salary.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents:
· Short resume (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your education and work experience indicating your salary expectation in USD and availability to start cooperation with PAH.
To start the application process, please follow the link
Closing date for applications is December 03, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and PAH reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.