American Spaces Operations Manager
America House Kyiv Director
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit https://www.irex.org/.
Summary of America House Program:
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House, a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. The America House offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to balanced resources and information. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions and learning at the America House provide visitors with a seat in “America’s living room.” For more detailed information about America House please visit https://www.americahousekyiv.org/.
About Windows on America Centers:
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv supports a network of public access resource centers throughout Ukraine. The Window on America Centers are designed to provide up-to-date information on the United States and to augment English-language collections of the host libraries. The mission of each center is to promote mutual understanding between the United States and Ukraine. The Centers accomplish this by providing information about U.S. history, government, society, and values to Ukrainian audiences; providing access to Internet resources, and serving as focal points for U.S. assistance and exchange programs.
Summary of Position:
IREX’s American Spaces Operations Manager will be part of IREX’s America House team and will be responsible for overseeing operations in new regional America Houses and strengthening the network of Window on America Centers across Ukraine and coordinating them in terms of logistics and communication. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Description of Responsibilities:
- Manage operations in new regional America Houses and Window on America (WOA) Centers around Ukraine;
- Prepare various admin/accounting payment documents such as reports, consulting agreements, honoraria, interpreter fees;
- Prepare lease agreements and procurement documentation;
- Liaise and build strategic relationships with key vendors;
- Coordinate the process of submission, selection, distribution, and monitoring of small grants for Window on America (WOA) Centers around Ukraine;
- Oversee and ensure that deliverables of the subawards are met;
- Coordinate the process of selecting and managing resource distribution for regional America Houses and WOA network; Ensure all fiscal and performance activities are in compliance with IREX policies and procedures and funder regulations;
- Design and introduce the WOA network’s reporting requirement templates;
- Collect and compile reporting and monthly programming plans from the WOA network;
- Liaise with America House area specialists to implement the WOA professional mentorship program;
- Coordinate logistics for domestic travel among the WOA network;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 5+ years of progressive professional experience managing different projects and teams;
- Experience working for an international NGO and/or a public library;
- Experience handling complex logistics;
- Experience in procurements and tenders’ procedures;
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations;
- Excellent English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Strong intercultural and communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team;
- Experience working with colleagues remotely.
Please send your cover letter and resume in English as an attachment in an email with “American Spaces Operations Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: December 1st, 2021.Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.