FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in civil society, peacebuilding, health, nutrition, education, economic development, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,500 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Finance Assistant for a five-year USAID project, Community Action for HIV Control Activity, focused on accelerating Ukraine’s efforts to achieve HIV epidemic control by 2030 by improving prevention, testing and linkage to care among key and priority populations. FHI 360 is a subawardee to the prime implementer of this USAID project. This project is funded Prevention, HIV case finding, linkage to care and continuity in care among key populations. This project is funded through the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The Finance Assistant position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Under the supervision of the FHI 360 Finance and Administration Manager, the Finance Assistant will support day-to-day accounting and financial management tasks for the FHI 360’s activities on the Community Action for HIV Control project in Ukraine.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and ensure completeness of invoices and their supporting documentation for payment.
- Prepare vouchers and payment request forms and obtain necessary approvals.
- Issue advances to staff, partners, and consultants as applicable.
- Ensure prompt and accurate reconciliation of advances.
- Prepare accounting entries in FHI 360’s accounting software.
- Reconcile petty cash and bank accounts.
- Prepare cash requests to be submitted to the Regional Office.
- Support the Finance and Administration Manager with pipelines, accruals, budgets and other financial reports as needed.
- Provide support for internal and external audits as needed.
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of financial documents.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- 3 years of finance, accounting, and/or budgeting experience;
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Experience with U.S. government (including USAID) rules and regulations preferred.
TO APPLY, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK: Finance Assistant Vacancy
ALTERNATIVELY, TO APPLY:
- Please go to the FHI 360 careers website: https://www.fhi360.org/careers
- Click on ‘Search Jobs’
- Select ‘Ukraine’ from the drop-down menu under the ‘Country’ option
- Click on the ‘Finance Assistant - Ukraine Community Action for HIV Control’ position
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button in the pop-up description of the open vacancy.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.