Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
The IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a Gender and Social Inclusion Technical Specialist for its United Voices in Action (VIA) Program. The Gender and Social Inclusion Technical Specialist will lead a small team to develop a long-term GESI strategy, ensure inclusion across all program activities, and train program staff on best practices.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- 4+ years of experience focusing on gender and/or social inclusion programs
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation (M&E), research, and adaptive methodologies
- Experience working with international donor-funded projects
- Good knowledge of English
- Demonstrated understanding of the Ukrainian context for gender-related issues, social inclusion, and female empowerment and the Ukrainian political environment
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of gender equality and participatory development practices
- Outstanding interpersonal and cross-cultural skills required
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in gender studies, sociology, human rights, public policy, or a related field of social studies
Your Daily Tasks
- Design and implement policies and procedures that are related to gender and social inclusion issues in Ukraine;
- Promote, design, implement, and manage gender equality and social inclusion activities across all program components;
- Provide expertise in gender equality, social inclusion, and female empowerment for the program, stakeholders, and CSO;
- Contribute to the distribution of best practices and lessons learned in gender mainstreaming, equality, and female empowerment among program participants and counterparts;
- In close collaboration with the program team, craft opportunities for meaningful inclusion of diverse audience in training design, facilitation, participation, and evaluation;
- In close collaboration with the subgrants team, integrate gender and inclusion requirements into bidding, procurement, and partner orientation materials;
- In close collaboration with the MEL team, apply inclusion best practices to design of data collection instruments, data analysis, program learning initiatives, and other MEL activities to track identity-based differences in participation and outcomes as well as the impact of program activities on progress toward gender equality and social inclusion;
- Contribute to program reporting and budget monitoring related to gender and inclusion investments;
- Train program staff, program partners, subgrantees, and consultants on inclusion best practices, do no more harm principles, safeguarding, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) of underage and vulnerable participants, as needed;
- Travel throughout Ukraine to attend program events and meetings (if possible and according to IREX policy and the public health situation in Ukraine);
- Supply technical assistance in relevant areas of expertise;
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development;
- Other duties as assigned.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled