For 50 years, Pact has been dedicated to improving the lives of people around the globe who are affected by poverty and marginalization and doing it in a way that empowers them to overcome challenges on their own. We are proud to have reached millions of people across more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas – and to have made lasting change hand in hand with thousands of communities and partners.
Pact Inc. is implementing a USAID-funded project Community Action for HIV Control. The project goal is to accelerate Ukraine’s efforts to achieve HIV epidemic control by 2030 by improved prevention, testing and linkage to care among key and priority populations.
Grants Officer shall provide administration of the full cycle of grants management for the Community Action for HIV Control beginning with award procurement, pre-award assessments, managing deliverables, ensuring compliance with rules and regulations, reviewing grantees financial and programmatic reports, managing close-out procedures, and maintaining complete files and data management for each award. S/He will be responsible for ensuring direct technical assistance to sub-awardees, as well as monitoring implementation of program activities under the project’s sub-awards. A successful candidate must demonstrate strong organizational skills and a spirit of flexibility, adaptability, and collaboration under challenging conditions. The Grants Officer is responsible for ensuring the highest level of integrity in the management of sub-grants including proper adherence to Pact and GAC policies and procedures.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of awards, under the supervision of the Grants Manager;
- Develop grant documents in compliance with funder requirements, using Pact standard templates and working closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management team and the Grants Manager to execute quality agreements.
- Under oversight of the Grants Manager, coordinate requests for applications.
- Manage the selection of grants and liaise with the Selection Committee members.
- Administer, pre-award assessment, negotiation, and monitoring/compliance visits.
- Utilize Pact’s Subaward Management System (Salesforce) and accounting system (Serenic NAV) for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is uploaded and stored as per Pact policy.
- Together with the Grants Manager and in close coordination with other Pact staff ensure compliance with donor and Pact’ policies and procedures, and achievement of intended results;
- Ensure proper negotiation of final terms and conditions for grants and contracts, under the direction of the Grants Manager and review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, reasonableness, and consistency;
- Ensure the proper preparation and execution of grant and contract documents and grant disbursements consistent and compliant with donor and Pact requirements, and project procedures and best practices. Documentation required will include grant agreements, negotiation memos, grant activity forms, branding and marking plans, and others;
- Work closely with Program team to ensure that sub-award monitoring and evaluation is conducted as required and that financial deliverables, deadlines, programmatic outputs and impact are captured and recorded in the project databases in an accurate and timely fashion;
- Provide support focused on compliance, grants and contracts management and successful implementation of grants and contracts as well as other activities such as short-term technical assistance (STTA) and/or direct distribution of goods and services (DDGS);
- Provide advice to the grantees on grant projects implementation and financial reporting;
- Oversee the implementation of grants from the operational perspective and be responsible for sub-grantee’s reports timely submission, review and approval.
- Work closely with the Grants Manager to ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses.
- Ensure that all award files are complete and maintained as required;
- Support closeout of sub-grants, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University Degree in International Relations/ Economics / Finance / Accounting / Social Science, Business Administration or other relevant area;
- 3+ years of experience working with international technical assistance programs;
- Profound understanding of NGOs grant management cycle and outreach activities;
- Experience of working with international technical assistance programs supported by USAID or European donors;
- Excellent computer skills (including Excel, Word, Powerpoint);
- Experience of working within complex networks and addressing issues of internal governance and management, dispute resolution, and fair and transparent decision-making;
- Proven understanding of awards management cycle;
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines;
- Highly effective administration skills including computing, word processing, and data management and visualization;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English and Ukrainian;
- Extensive background in the areas of NGOs grant management;
- Experience of work with databases and data analysis will be an asset;
- Proven understanding of awards management cycle;
- Working knowledge and understanding of USAID’s rules and regulations , particularly 2 CFR 200;
- Experience in managing Subawards under USAID funds including facilitating prior approvals, subaward reporting, risk assessment, risk mitigation, documentation requirements and other actions needed under USAID funded projects.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills; and ability to work collaboratively on a wide range of issues;
- Ability to patiently and diplomatically forge consensus between diverse stakeholders on grant making issues;
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “ComAxn - Grants Officer” in the subject line. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. The position is open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.