For 50 years, Pact has been dedicated to improving the lives of people around the globe who are affected by poverty and marginalization and doing it in a way that empowers them to overcome challenges on their own. We are proud to have reached millions of people across more than 60 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas – and to have made lasting change hand in hand with thousands of communities and partners.
Pact Inc. is implementing a USAID-funded project Community Action for HIV Control. The project goal is to accelerate Ukraine’s efforts to achieve HIV epidemic control by 2030 by improved prevention, testing and linkage to care among key and priority populations.
Reporting to Chief of Party, the Communication Officer is responsible for coordination of communication and outreach efforts for the project, including planning and coordinating of marketing and promotion of the activity, developing and maintaining working relationships with civic organizations throughout Ukraine, community groups and other stakeholders, including marginalized groups. The Officer will lead all communications functions of the Community Action for HIV Control activity, especially external communication of Pact’s approach and key results in the country. The Officer will also develop and maintain any digital platforms used to capture and disseminate project results and success stories.
- Create external and internal materials, and design and edit communication materials, memos and other analytical documents;
- Coordinate marketing and promotion of the activity;
- Manage relationships with technical outreach partners including local and international firms;
- Assist the project team to develop program learning and program advancement studies;
- Develop specific targeted communication objectives and communication plans;
- Compose, edit, design, record, produce publications such as newsletters, leaflets and brochures;
- Keep donors and partners up to date with the activity news;
- Ensure integration of the inclusive approaches in NGOs activities including gender mainstreaming;
- Share best practices for civic engagement with Ukraine’s target communities;
- In performing these duties, closely coordinate and collaborate with other communication and program personnel.
- Develop communications plans for a variety of stakeholder groups, create messaging and materials for community action, and implement communications strategies in line with the relevant donor and Pact branding guidelines;
- Write press releases, speeches, edit and organize publications of project documents in both English and Ukrainian;
- Identify opportunities for media coverage around events and specific publications and work with colleagues to develop targeted communication strategies;
- Develop and maintain a project website and social media platforms, if applicable, to promote internet-based knowledge sharing for the project;
- Develop and deliver appropriate training programs, workshops, forums, and other public outreach campaigns to raise awareness of project interventions;
- Contribute to organization of outreach events;
- Continuously monitor and evaluate communication activities;
- Ensure Community Action for HIV Control’s coherent visual identity;
- Perform all work safely and maintain a safe working environment;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA in communications, journalism, international relations or related field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience or training;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience;
- Experience in public diplomacy and communication strategies, digital media, event management, brand development, as well as experience providing support to US government funded projects;
- High-level interpersonal and communication skills, as well as stakeholder management skills;
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop) Publisher, R Project, Inkscape, WordPress, and a variety of website applications;
- Professional experience in working in or with relevant agencies such as think tanks, media, public institutions is highly desirable;
- Proven knowledge of civic engagement strategies and approaches to working with diverse stakeholders and marginalized groups;
- Professional level of English, Ukrainian and Russian, both written and oral.
- Master’s degree in communication or journalism;
- Profound understanding of civil society and governance in Ukraine, including specific knowledge of organizations working on representing interests of marginalized groups;
- Knowledge of research methods and strong analytical skills;
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Knowledge of USAID’s Democracy, Human Rights and Governance Learning Agenda.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com with “ComAxn - Communication Officer” in the subject line. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. The position is open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.