ABOUT THE COMPANY
ISSP (www.issp.ua) is a full cycle professional cybersecurity company, which helps businesses and governments to protect systems, networks, and data.
ISSP DPO is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer for a four-year, USAID-funded, Cybersecurity for Critical Infrastructure (CI) in Ukraine Activity (Program).
The overall goal of the Program is to reduce and potentially eliminate cybersecurity vulnerabilities in CI, and to transform Ukraine from a compromised, reactive cybersecurity actor to a proactive cybersecurity leader. Over a four-year period, the Program will increase resilience and build capacity to prevent, detect, and respond to cyberattacks against critical infrastructure in Ukraine. This will be accomplished through the pursuit of three strategic objectives (SOs): (1) Create a safe and trusted environment to accelerate the development of people, processes, and technology in support of cybersecurity across critical infrastructure sectors and assets in Ukraine; (2) Strengthen Ukraine as a sovereign nation built on a secure, protected, and dynamic economy, supported by a talented pool of human capital; (3) Stimulate demand for and supply of Ukrainian cybersecurity solutions and service providers to empower, equip, and finance cybersecurity entrepreneurs and businesses.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The MEL Officer position will report to the Program Manager. The overall responsibility of the MEL Officer is to assist Program Manager in ensuring smooth and timely implementation of the Program by helping plan activities and track progress of delivering planned tasks and results, as well as assisting prepare programmatic and financial report and collect success stories and lessons learned. MEL Officer will lead on all MEL related activities, including development or modification of indicators, setting targets, data collection, entry, and analysis, visualization, data reporting requirements, research studies and reporting. The MEL Officer will also be charged with leading on creating publications and other outreach products that contribute to learning and telling the story of the Cybersecurity Program. S/he will also serve as the point of contact with any external evaluation and/or special study contractors throughout the life of the Program.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Develop a monitoring system, approach, tools and processes for adaptive management, data quality, data collection and protection, and learning practices of the Program, in close coordination with Program management and ISSP DPO team.
- Oversees and ensures timely and accurate collection and entry of data.
- Lead on the selection/revision of indicators, designing/revision of the logframe and development of the MEL plan, leveraging global best practice and lessons learned in monitoring and evaluating of the Cybersecurity Program. Facilitate annual reviews of problem analysis, applying the theory of change, work planning and learning activities.
- Report on progress against targets according to established schedules.
- Analyze data for and take part in preparation of reports on the Program with high-quality and easy to understand visuals.
- Lead on the design, development, update and/or review of Program’s performance database.
- In close coordination with Program management and team collect and upload data into MS Project or/and other Program’s performance tracking tool/s. Conduct site visits and attend Program’s events and activities to collect data and photographs for monitoring, evaluation and documentation in the database. Generate and provide to Program’s management performance reports as requested.
- Oversee all MEL efforts under this Program including tracking indicators as defined in the Program’s approved MEL Plan and ensure there is proper documentation to support it. Oversee MEL implementation and provide course-correction when necessary.
- Design the Program’s baseline and other relevant monitoring tools as well as the final internal performance review (Year 4).
- Coordinate development, provide input into and a quality control of all the required USAID programming documents, quarterly and annual programmatic performance reports etc. Contribute to report preparation, by providing program performance data and lessons learned, and by ensuring that reports capture achieved results and impact of the government and business capacity and ecosystem.
- Support knowledge management and learning product creation and accessibility.
- Develop training guidance and resources for MEL when required.
- Design and manage Program’s resource forecasting tool. Assist Program Manager in coordinating Program resources and distribution them among tasks, generating performance reports on status of completion of planned tasks etc.
- Assist Program staff and experts in preparing and submitting to Financial Manager monthly timesheets, upload data on the resource forecasting tool.
- Assist in submission of invoices for payment requests to the prime contractor, making sure that documentation, and disbursements are in line with USAID procedures, and all supporting documents are attached to the payment requests.
- Assist Financial Manager in preparing monthly reports, assets inventory and compiling financial documents for audit reviews as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Program Manager.
- Minimum BA degree from an accredited institution in international development, economics, statistics, research methods, finance, accounting, management, political science, public policy, social science, or a related field, and specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation.
- At least two (2) years of demonstrated professional experience managing and implementing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems for international development projects, which includes logic model development, indicators selection, designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and reports preparation. Experience working with USAID or other development funders is a plus.
- Experience managing MEL databases, conducting timely data analysis, and developing reports.
- Proficiency of working on data analysis applications, such as MS Project, MS Power BI etc.
- Strong experience in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Proven record of designing and implementing data collection tools, including surveys.
- Experience designing, testing and managing surveys required.
- Experience with capacity building in MEL is a plus.
- Strong facilitation experience to facilitate problem analysis, work planning, annual review and learning activities.
- Experience in integrating gender and social inclusion contexts into monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities.
- Advanced skill using technology for data collection, management, analysis, and visualization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, word processing, database management and data analysis, statistical analysis, including SPPS, Stata, survey software (SurveyMonkey, Google Surveys), spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Ability to analyze and report on program performance and impact from the perspective of donors, program planners and partners.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- Experience in survey design and development.
- Good understanding of finance and accounting will be a benefit.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in English and Ukrainian is required.
- Team player. Demonstrated successful interpersonal skills.
- Professional development with the team of top industry professionals.
- Competitive renumeration package.
- Medical insurance after 3 months of probation period.
If you are interested to consider the position of MEL OFFICER, please reach out to Alesya Kondratyuk at email@example.com