Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of Administrative and Procurement Assistant (Kyiv). Closing date for applications is November 05, 2021.
The United States Agency for International Development in Ukraine (USAID/Ukraine) has awarded Chemonics International a contract (“Ukraine Democratic Governance East Activity” or “DG East”) to support USAID/Ukraine’s objectives of promoting inclusive civic identity, common civic values, and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, cases of far-right Ukrainian nationalism, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East purpose is to “to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in Eastern Ukraine” and methodology is to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. Activities across the two objectives will be implemented across five project offices: Kyiv, Kramatorsk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol and Kherson.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Coordinates cooperation with Kyiv and other regional offices on all operational matters;
• Monitors administrative activities and supports Operations Manager to ensures that project practices are in line with the policy and procedures manual;
• Assists the Operations Manager with occasional auditing of expenses, bank deposits, issuing payments to vendors, as well as ensuring proper stewardship and accounting of funds for in- kind and cash grants, other program activities, and program operations;
• Assists the local and international staff and consultants traveling to and within Ukraine in arranging travel/transportation and makes hotel and flight reservations for all DG East project-related travel;
• Coordinates the logistics for all project events, including conferences, workshops, and trainings;
• Manages the petty cash account for the Kyiv office;
• Maintains administrative systems, including but not limited to communication logs, filing systems, and budget trackers;
• Maintains the project electronic and hard copy filing system.
• Assists with coordination and tracking of taxi use;
• Maintains travel, event, and leave calendar for Kyiv office and coordinates with regional offices;
• Coordinates postage services and document exchange between offices and with the home office;
• Maintains the office property inventory tracker;
• Ensure IT and office equipment and furniture in the Kyiv office operates efficiently and the office internal and external infrastructure remains functional; coordinates repair or replacement, as necessary;
• Performs other duties as required.
• Assists the Procurement Manager with procurement procedures, including preparation and administration of tenders, identification of vendors, collection of price quotes for all files originating in Kyiv office in accordance with Chemonics procurement policies and USAID FAR and AIDAR regulations;
• Assists with documentation of the procurement process, including preparation and announcement of RFQ/RFPs, bid evaluation reports, selection and justification memos, notifications to vendors on awards or rejections, purchase orders, contracts etc;
• Assists in maintaining procurement filing system, labels and maintains complete electronic and hard copies of files, ensure that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file;
• Assists in submission of procurement packages to Finance Assistant for processing the payment;
• Assists in inventory tracking of the office property;
• University degree in business administration, finance, or related field required;
• At least two (2) years of relevant office administration, procurement, bookkeeping, financial management, and/or accounting experience, with preference for USAID-funded administrative experience;
• Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of office administration and knowledge of general best practices in Ukraine;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgment;
• Ability to effectively use computer software including Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Teams and others. Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is also a requirement.
• Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills;
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
• Fluent Ukrainian or Russian required and fluent English strongly preferred.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to ukraineDGeastrecruit@chemonics.com with Administrative and Procurement Assistant (Kyiv) listed in the subject line by November 5, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
“Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.”