Internews Ukraine, an organization that has expertise in media, communications, education, and consulting, seeks a Finance Management Consultant, for the USAID-funded project Representative Assembly for Next Generation (RANG). RANG (Representative Assembly for Next Generation /Rada belongs to the people) is a five-year program aimed to advance the “next generation” of reforms that will enable the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VRU) to become a modern, effective institution that promotes accountability and democratic development in Ukraine. The project is implemented by Internews Ukraine in consortium with the Westminster Foundation for Democracy, the American Councils for International Education, the International Republican Institute, the Education Policy Development Agency and the Center for Political and Legal Reforms with the support of the US Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Finance Management Consultant (Consultant) will oversee and ensure the overall financial management of the project, supervise all RANG grantees, including overseeing compliance with the grant obligations. The Consultant will oversee compliance with processes and procedures, timesheets, payroll, regular reviews and audits, and will be responsible for ensuring compliance of financial operations with USAID regulations, organization policies and procedures, and Ukrainian legislation.
The Finance Management Consultant’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overall financial management of RANG program, in adherence with all organizational policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations;
- Coordination of all the budget related issues with Program Managers, including cash flow planning, payments execution, supporting documents review, and consulting;
- Coordination of all the subawards related issues with Grant Manager, namely subawards agreement preparation and execution, budget, payments, reporting;
- Preparation of advance requests (once a month) and liquidations as outlined in the cooperative agreement;
- Drawing up of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial management reports for USAID and IUA management;
- Development and upkeep of internal financial and accounting control systems to make sure that appropriate mechanisms, procedures, and systems are in place;
- Track and ensure proper authorization and approval and timely processing of payments for employees/suppliers/sub-contractors;
- Planning, execution and administration of internal checks of accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll related to RANG program;
- Making sure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable according to the USAID cost principles and the organization’s policies and procedures;
- Management of the project’s financial activities relying on relevant Ukrainian and U.S. legislation. Staying abreast of the updates and changes to the Ukrainian labor, tax, and accounting law;
- Rigorous budget monitoring, analysis of variances, and proposals on budget changes if required;
- Performance of accounting procedures at the end of the month;
- Evaluation and approval of accounting and supporting documents and transactions to ensure they’re complete, accurate and fully compliant with organizational policies and procedures and USAID regulations;
- Reviewing the staff’s travel expense reports, while ensuring they comply with USAID travel rules and regulations;
- Cooperation with internal and external auditors during audits;
- Communication with the management on any problems regarding project implementation, payments, supporting accounting documents, etc.;
- Performing other duties as required or assigned.
The required and/or preferred qualifications for the Finance Management Consultant position are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance or equivalent is required.
- Prior experience in administration of USAID-funded projects is required.
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting, as well as project administration tasks, including filing and budgeting is required.
- Knowledge of the operating environment and employment regulations in Ukraine.
- Proficiency in English and Ukrainian, written and spoken, is required.
- Demonstrated solid leadership skills, adaptability, and a commitment to the principles of fairness.
We strive to build long-term relationships and offer competitive consultant’s fee.
Please send a CV and a brief motivation letter in English indicating related experience and achievements by October 29, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include your name and “Finance Management Consultant” in the subject line. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Internews Ukraine is one of the largest non-governmental organizations working in the field of media and communications in Ukraine since 1996. Among the organization’s partners are the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine, USAID, the World Bank, UNICEF, the International Renaissance Foundation, the Council of Europe, OSCE, Embassies of EU member states, and the British Council.