Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF – Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. We offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF Switzerland in Ukraine is currently looking for:
Head of Mission Support (Advisor) in Kyiv
Objective of the Position:
The Head of Mission Support will work under the close supervision of the Head of Mission in Kyiv Coordination Office to ensure the successful implementation of MSF projects in Donetsk region. The position will also contribute to context analysis and security management, liase with local and national authorities, participate in the advocacy plan and follow up on relevant administrative and legal dossiers.
- Supporting the Head of Mission in promoting and protecting the MSF image externally. Upon request, representing MSF in meetings. Taking minutes and preparing full reports.
- Sustaining external relationships with relevant stakeholders. Keeping good knowledge of counterparts in different administrations and departments and keeping up-to-date records of field contacts
- Providing context analysis and disseminating relevant information to the coordination team, . Updating general information on the context for MSF internal documents and advising on cultural appropriateness.
- Compile regular updates of ongoing international/national plans of NGOs, the UN, donors, authorities and other actors in their lobbying, policy and operational plans and initiatives
- Following the country health and reform policies and strategies which may affect the mission activities.
- Perform data collection and analysis on the local and regional context, in regards to conflict dynamics and humanitarian issues,. Identify scenarios and security risks for the mission.
- In collaboration with the Head of Mission, define messages, tools, lobbying activities and other communication in order to raise humanitarian issues and seek assistance and protection for affected populations.
- Ensuring the follow up of relevant legal and administrative dossiers such as the MSF registration, Memorandum of understanding, etc.
- Writing letters and correspondences with officials and partners and preparing reports, internal memos and formal requests. Acting as a supervisor to the mission Translator.
- Higher education (law, public health or administration, political science)
- Relevant working experience in health, political or humanitarian issues in the country
- Preferable experience in humanitarian aid
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills
- Sound knowledge of the political context in Ukraine
- Excellent understanding of the structures and priorities of the different administrations and health institutions in Ukraine
- Motivation, proactivity and reliability
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is essential
- Computer proficiency in MS Excel and Word
- Ready for travel – 25% of the time
- Working in a dynamic International environment in English
- Health insurance coverage for employees and family members
- 30 annual paid holidays
- Possibility to go for professional development within MSF
- Possibility to apply for expatriation status and work in different countries
Monthly gross salary (before taxation) is UAH 35 994.
The interested candidates should submit their application in English (CV+ motivation letter) to: MSFCH[email protected]