America House Odesa Assistant
America House Odesa
America House Odesa Director
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit https://www.irex.org/.
Summary of America House Program:
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House Odesa (AHO), a welcoming, dynamic and nourishing space full of professional and personal growth opportunities. AHO is the main resource in the Odesa region for American culture and education. It is unbiased platform that fosters discussion and debate, provides, and sparks creativity built around US-Ukraine shared values for local communities’ empowerment, idea sharing, and collaboration. The America House Odesa offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to resources and information.
For more detailed information about America House please visit https://www.americahousekyiv.org/.
Summary of Position:
The America House Odesa Assistant is responsible for welcoming and helping visitors, and partners, providing information on resources and opportunities offered, assisting with AHO public space and administrative support, and assist with other tasks for successful America House Odesa program implementation. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Description of Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet visitors and callers with courtesy and professionalism. Provide basic information to general inquiries, present America House Odesa resources, events and opportunities for its visitors;
- Ensure America House Odesa is presentable, well maintained, all necessary equipment and supplies are in place, the public space is welcoming and in working order.
- Coordinate with the team, to make sure the regular operation runs smoothly, are equipped with all the necessities, and visitors’ needs are addressed;
- Assist with basic administrative support: coordinate with vendors and contractors on procurement and services (no prior experience required, the onboarding training will be provided);
- Answer general inquiries to the America House Odesa main email account and via phone, lead the basic correspondence on America House accounts;
- Provide logistical support and room setup for events. Please note that the room setup often requires moving chairs and tables;
- Assist with correspondence with participants, visitors and volunteers in preparation for AHO activities;
- Register new members and maintain membership, visitors, and program attendees database;
- Assist with event management tasks in online and offline formats;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Excellent English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Must adhere to tight deadlines and show good organizational skills
- Strong intercultural and communications skills, reliable team player;
- Demonstrate customer-service orientation, skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations;
- Familiar with the Microsoft Package as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and acquainted with virtual service platforms such as ZOOM, and Google Services;
- Basic tech skills seen as an advantage;
- Experience studying in the United States or holding an ECA alumnus/a status is an advantage.
Please send your cover letter and resume in English (ONLY) as an attachment in an email with “America House Odesa Assistant” in the subject line to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone or other message platform inquiries will be accepted. If you have any questions, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: October 24th, 2021 at 23:59 (GMT+3). Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. America House Odesa Assistant position is expected to be closed by the end of October, so a person should be able take on a position from early-mid November. IREX does not provide feedback on the results of conducted interviews.