Chemonics seeks a Grants and Subcontracts Manager for the ongoing USAID Transformation Communications Activity in Ukraine. The project aims to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civilsociety to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communicationsinitiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratictransformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAIDand its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity ofstrategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact contentby Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector. The grants and subcontracts manager will provide oversight for all TVCA grants, subcontracts, and procurements supporting the Communications Activity Fund. The manager will be responsible for ensuring all grant and subcontract activities are compliant with USAID rules and regulations and Chemonics procurement policies, and for overseeing the management and monitoring of all grants and subcontracts. The manager will supervise multiple specialists and assistants in this role. This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage the solicitation process for grants and subcontracts, including serving on selection committees, ensuring compliance with regulations and procedures, and overall confirming that the mechanism and selected partners are able to achieve the desired project result.
- Guides grants and subcontracts planning processes, including assessing effectiveness of current processes and providing recommendations for new initiatives and areas for improvement, advising senior management on systems and procedures.
- Work in coordination with other team members including COP, Operations and Grants Director/DCOP, and Team Leads to ensure compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies and procedures throughout the design, development, and implementation of grants and subcontracts.
- Liaise between project staff and grant recipients, providing technical advice and assistance as needed in areas of financial management, procurement requirements, and implementation planning.
- Support project staff with the evaluation of grant concepts and grant agreement/award documents while ensuring adherence to established grants management policies.
- Ensure proposer negotiation of final terms and conditions for grants and review and analyze budget estimates for allocability, reasonableness, and consistency. Work with grantees and project staff to develop or revise detailed grant budgets so that they are realistic and appropriate to the needs of the activity.
- Ensure adherence to project procurement policies and procedures and, in conjunction with the Finance Manager, ensure that all project staff comply with these guidelines. These responsibilities include but are not limited to planning procurements, writing appropriate specifications, evaluating offers, monitoring contracts, handling all post-solicitation activities, including all appropriate documentation.
- Perform detailed reviews and audits of all grant receipt and subcontractor invoice documentation and ensure that expenses are incurred according to the terms of signed grant/subcontract.
- Manage the organization, tracking, and filing system of all grant and subcontract, documents in project office by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each file.
- Responsible for overseeing the close-out of grants within required time frames.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University degree, preferable in business administration, finance, or related field.
- At least eight years of relevant working experience in grants/subcontracts and/or procurement is required, ten years preferred.
- At least five years supervisory and/or management experience required.
- Previous professional experience with managing USAID-funded grants and subcontracts required, including a demonstrated ability to manage complex types of grants and subcontracts,
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team and lead a diverse group of staff.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Office applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link no later than October 29, 2021. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/6116f86e2e7d442f96cc45447742b1d6. Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link.