ПРООН в Україні шукає ICT Helpdesk Assistant.
Deadline for application: 25 October 2021.
For more information please visit: https://www.ua.undp.org/content/ukraine/uk/home/jobs.html
The UNDP Office in Ukraine has initiated the collocation of several UN Agencies into one premise with the aim of improving effectiveness and efficiency of projects implementation and joint efforts. In order to effectively organize the common services in the premises, these services will be shared by UN Agencies represented in the premises and provided by dedicated project personnel.
The incumbent will prioritize gender equality and women’s empowerment within all implementations and promote UNDP’s mandate as a gender-responsive organization with zero tolerance to any kind of discriminatory and abusive behaviour, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse.
Scope of Work
Provides daily on-site support on the usage of software and hardware to the end-users from UN agencies and UNDP projects in the common premises;
- Provides assistants to local infrastructure including CCTV, Access Control;
- Provides IT-related support to organization of project/agencies events in the shared premises and external locations, as necessary;
- Assists in preparation of specifications and configurations for purchasing of computer equipment and/or expendable materials;
- Ensures compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment;
- Assists in the installation of commercial and in-house software and related upgrades;
- Assists in upgrading operating systems and antivirus software on a timely and regular basis;
- Implements IT related security measures as per the guidance from the CO;
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware;
- Trains new project personnel on how to use UNDP-specific applications such as OneDrive and SharePoint;
- Ensures mainstreaming of gender equality considerations in the field of expertise, promotion of a safe and enabling environment free of any kind of discrimination and abusive behaviour, and gender-responsive communications based on corporate principles;
- Support Severodonesk Common Premises on infrastructure issues and common ICT support.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UNDP ICT Associate, the ICT Helpdesk Assistant provides daily technical support to end-users on the information management tools and technology infrastructure in Kramatorsk and Severodonetsk Common Premises. The ICT Helpdesk Assistant works in close collaboration with UNDP Country Office (CO) ICT Unit staff as well as ICT staff of other UN Agencies for ICT-related issues.
Minimum Qualifications of the Successful NPSA
Min. Academic Education. Bachelor’s degree in hardware and software management or secondary education (with additional 3 years of practical experience).
Min. years of relevant Work experience. Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in the areas of end-users support, support to management of hardware and software platforms, relevant office equipment, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications, office software and other generic applications, network administration with experience in computer networking - TCP/IP, routing, switching, knowledge of the design, implementation and maintenance of information and telecommunications systems and services or other relevant areas.
Experience with Microsoft Server or another network operating systems would be an asset.
Required skills and competencies
•Demonstrate focus on achieving quality results and impact
•Consistently strive to meet or exceed excellence standards
•Look beyond conventional approaches and established methods
•Propose new ideas, approaches and solutions to problems
•Actively pursue opportunities for learning and self-development professionally and personally
•Keep abreast of new developments in one’s professional area
Adapt with Agility
•Be flexible in handling change, and adopt new ideas, approaches and ways of working
•Seamlessly adapt to working within new situations or contexts, with new people, and in different ways
Act with Determination
•Pursue everything with motivation and drive
•Not give up in the face of adversity and setbacks; demonstrate resilience and composure
Engage and Partner
•Act in a way that demonstrates empathy and emotional intelligence, showing consideration for the needs and feelings of others
•Demonstrate and encourage teamwork and co-creation internally and externally to achieve joint objectives and results
Enable Diversity and Inclusion
•Treat all individuals with respect, consider ethical implications and respond sensitively to all differences among people
•Fully accept and value all people, creating an inclusive environment
•Ability to create clarity around UNDP value proposition to beneficiaries and partners and to develop service offers responding to client needs based on UNDP’s organizational priorities and mandate
Effective Decision Making
•Ability to take decisions in a timely and efficient manner in line with one’s authority, area of expertise and resources
•Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need
•Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience
Digital Awareness and Literacy
•Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skillfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
Information Management and Technology
- Ability to manage IT continuity and disaster recover
- Ability to deliver the IT products and services to customers at the right level of Quality and Costs, taking into account user experience
- Ability to manage quality of IT services
Desired additional skills and competencies. Working experience with any enterprise class Cisco network equipment support and configuration would be a strong asset.
Required Language(s) (at working level). Working knowledge of English, fluency in Ukrainian and Russian.
Professional Certificates. Cisco, Microsoft will be preferred.
Official travel to Sieverodonietsk city is expected under this contract. Any travel expenses in connection to this TOR, will be reimbursed by UNDP, based on the duly authorized travel details, including travel and per diems.”
The following documents shall be required from the applicants:
- Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
- A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position
Important information for US Permanent Residents (‘Green Card’ holders) Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment. UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications. Applicant information about UNDP rosters Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
Scam warning The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Please send CV to UNDP official site: https://www.ua.undp.org/content/ukraine/uk/home/jobs.html.