USAID Economic Resilience Activity (ERA), implemented by DAI GLOBAL LLC, empowers business development in eastern Ukraine. The project works in particular with small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in manufacturing and engineering sectors to promote innovations, and expand to new markets across Ukraine, the European Union, and other destinations.
To strengthen our team and business development footprint in the region, we are looking for highly qualified Analyst Expert. You will provide expert assistance to the Ministry in preparing the State Program of Regional Development.
About the job
The main objective of the consultancy assignment is to assist ERA in implementing one of its goals of Transformation.
The Ministry of Development of Communities and Territories of Ukraine (Ministry of Regional Development) is preparing a draft of the State Program of Regional Development “Capacity Development of the Azov-Black Sea Region” (hereinafter the “Program”).
The priorities of Program are to accelerate regional economic growth, make regions more competitive through the efficient use of their internal potential, create new jobs, improve employment, and create conditions for repatriating migrant workers.
The Program will be implemented using an integrated territorial approach targeting the territories with specific social, spatial, environmental, and economic features. This approach will allow to focus on the resources and efforts of all state regional policy actors to most effectively address challenges existing in such territories and reduce developmental disparities by supporting the economically weakest regions.
The Program defines the Azov-Black Sea region as one of the functional types of such territories. It is an area of land adjacent to the seacoast or the coast of sea bays and estuaries within 30 kilometers of accessibility.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- identify the problems that slow down the development of the Black-Azov Sea region;
- ascertain key avenues for catalyzing the region’s development;
- present the findings at the working groups’ meeting;
- include the findings into the Program draft;
- prepare a draft of the Program to be presented and discussed at the working groups’ meeting and ensure that it is amended and adjusted following these discussions;
- structure the materials submitted by the working groups; and
- prepare a final draft of the Program.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a proven experience and capability in developing of analytical and strategic documents; experience in regional and national programs developing; solid experience in financial analysis of state and regional programs; consulting practice and professional cases in regional and national programs developing.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- MA in a related field, from a recognized national or international university;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness to work in the field;
- Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- More than 5 years of experience working in the field.
Contract length: November, 2021 – March, 2022
Total Level of Effort: 30 days with travels
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kyiv, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia Oblasts
Start date: November 1, 2021
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: October 26, 2021 COB
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website https://www.dai.com/
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine