To strengthen our team and business development footprint in the region, we are looking for highly qualified Expert in Area Mapping. You will provide expert assistance to the Ministry and create a digital cartographic base of the territory of the Azov Sea macro-region.
About the job
The main objective of the consultancy assignment is to assist ERA in implementing one of its goals of ERA Transformation component.
The Ministry of Development of Communities and Territories of Ukraine (Ministry of Regional Development) in preparing a draft of the State Program of Regional Development “Capacity Development of the Azov-Black Sea Region” for 2021-2027 (hereinafter, the “Program”).
The priorities of the Program are to accelerate the regional economic growth, make regions more competitive through the efficient use of their internal potential, create new jobs, improve employment, and create conditions for repatriating migrant workers.
The Program will be implemented using an integrated territorial approach targeting the territories with specific social, spatial, environmental, and economic features.
The Program defines the Azov-Black Sea region as one of the functional types of such territories. It is an area of land adjacent to the seacoast or the coast of sea bays and estuaries within 30 kilometers of accessibility.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- provide expert assistance to the Ministry and create a digital cartographic base of the territory of the Azov Sea macro-region;
- perform work to create a digital cartographic base for the territory of the Azov Sea macro-region;
- prepare cartographic materials for the draft Program to be presented and discussed at the meetings of at least four working groups and ensure the data are amended and adjusted following these discussions.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have a proven experience and capability to develop cartographic and planning materials; solid experience in participation in the development of regional planning documents; consulting practice and professional cases for creation a digital cartographic bases of the territory.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- MA in a related field, from a recognized national or international university;
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness to work in the field;
- Good interpersonal skills, and an ability to succeed in a multi-cultural environment;
- Strong analytical skills;
- More than 5 years of experience working in the field.
Contract length: November, 2021 – March, 2022
Total Level of Effort: 20 days with 8 travel days
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kyiv, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia Oblasts
Start date: November 1, 2021
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: October 26, 2021 COB
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website https://www.dai.com/
If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine