World Council of Credit Unions seeks a Communications Specialist for the Credit for Agriculture Producers (CAP) Project in Ukraine, funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), to oversee all internal and external communications for the Project, be engaged in creating Project communication and promotional materials, maintaining Project social media content, as well as editing, writing and proofreading Project materials and ensuring internal translation/editing for the in-house team (English <-> Ukrainian).
The ideal candidate should have strong writing and speaking skills in English and Ukrainian, write posts and letters, as well as support media coverage and meet in-house translation/editing needs in English and Ukrainian. He or she should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail.
About the Project:
CAP seeks to revitalize the credit union sector in Ukraine by creating a more transparent legal and regulatory framework for credit union operations in Ukraine to both promote growth and reduce risks, while improving access to agricultural finance for agricultural and rural micro, small, and medium enterprises through credit unions. Specifically, the project is expected to: (1) strengthen credit union regulator and national associations capacity; (2) advocate for an improved and updated legislative framework to meet European Union (EU) standards, enabling credit unions to compete with other financial institutions; and (3) address constraints preventing credit unions from expanding outreach and delivering high-quality lending to the agricultural sector.
The Communications Specialist will lead all communication and in-house translation/editing tasks as required in line with project goals and annual implementation plans, as well as supervise the communication team tasks and help monitor gender-sensitive aspects. Specific duties are as follows:
- Serve as the in-country project lead for project communications;
- Develop media campaigns and social media communications. Work with COP and team to ensure communications campaigns are coordinated across program activities;
- Act as liaison-point with WOCCU, USAID, other stakeholders’ communication teams, media partners;
- Develop and maintain social media content of the Project (including taking photos at meetings/events, conceptualizing and editing promotional videos);
- Utilize multiple forms of media outreach to maintain Project presence, track Project media exposure;
- Plan and manage the design, content, and development of press releases, success stories, public event materials, etc. in line with USAID and WOCCU standards (including researching, writing and editing content for distribution);
- Advise and work alongside team members on designing and implementing public awareness campaigns, events and communication tools dedicated to specific activities of the project.
- Review the project deliverables, publications, and communications to ensure adherence to the USAID Branding Guidelines;
- Provide quality control on all marketing materials, and other project outreach documents generated from the project office with particular emphasis on those going to USAID;
- Offer translation and interpretation support to the in-house team (English <-> Ukrainian/Russian) at internal meetings.
- Translate or proofread written materials prepared by other Project employees both in English and Ukrainian.
- Ensure smooth communication with Project partners.
- Frequent trips to rural often remote areas in Ukraine are assumed.
- Master’s degree in linguistics, philology, communication and another related field;
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience serving in a translator/interpreter or facilitator/communicator role preferably in financial/agriculture sectors;
- Previous experience working with Ukrainian and international credit union movements;
- Previous USAID experience preferred;
- Native Ukrainian/Russian fluency, both written and spoken;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Ability to absorb relevant terminology and apply it efficiently;
- Ability to provide translation from English to Ukrainian/Russian and from Ukrainian/Russian to English;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint);
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy in carrying out assignments;
- Strong ability to meet deadlines, prioritize deliverables, work under pressure, and be a member of a team to reach a common goal;
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities;
- Fluency in other European languages is a plus.
Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three reference contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Communications Specialist”. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Thank you.