IOM Ukraine is looking for Finance Assistant (Accounting Role).
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision the Chief of Mission and Senior Resource Management Officer, the direct supervision of the National Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant will be responsible and accountable for providing the necessary support in matters of financial nature of the IOM Mission in Ukraine.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist with the control and monitoring of the finance activities of the IOM Mission in Ukraine.
- Prepare bank slips in the Bank system.
- Record bank transaction in PRISM program. Perform API (Accounts Payable Invoice Processor) role.
- Verify and process NGO Financial Reports. Provide the financial trainings when required.
- Maintain filing system for vouchers and supporting documents.
- Ensure proper maintenance and completeness of financial documents; contact vendors when required.
- Assist in preparing to the internal and program audits.
- Bring to the attention of the National Senior Finance Officer and/or related program staff any relevant financial and reporting issues.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma/certificate with four years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Economics, Finance or Accounting) from an accredited academic institution with at least two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Finance and/or Accounting, preferably with international organizations;
- Knowledge of International and Ukrainian Accounting Standards;
- Knowledge of IPSAS and SAP/PRISM a distinct advantage;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular, experience in computerized accounting systems and software. Good knowledge of MS Office specifically Excel.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Resource Mobilization - Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_2016.xls) to [email protected] by 26 October 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.