E-Health Senior Technical Advisor
The E-Health Senior Technical Advisor will provide vision, strategic direction, technical guidance, and quality assurance for all e-health activities across the portfolio of activities supported by the SAFEMed project. This includes ensuring project activities align with the Government of Ukraine and Ministry of Health (MOH) eHealth strategies and approaches, USAID Ukraine priorities, and with the global principles for digital development. This person will serve as a key liaison with eHealth stakeholders, including the MOH, the state-owned enterprise (SOE) eHealth, the e-Health Association (EHA), and current and future eHealth vendors. The eHealth Senior Technical Advisor will partner with other SAFEMed staff and consultants to ensure coordinated support to government counterparts, and where necessary, provide direct assistance to identify requirements, design, develop and implement eHealth applications and infrastructure.
This position will clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training and troubleshooting problems; conduct hardware and software inventory, database maintenance and reporting; and perform related work as required.
The incumbent will manage, analyze and report on e-health activities to the Chief of Party on progress toward achievement of key results as agreed in the annual work plans; lead SAFEMed’s effort towards collaboration with national players to enhance knowledge exchange and coordination; and ensure application of best practices across key stakeholders, adequate use of quality data to inform supply chain performance management, and timely decision making.
The incumbent will be responsible for supporting work across all project workstreams.
E-Health Strategy Development and Coordination (35%)
- Oversee the implementation of the SAFEMed eHealth strategy and subsequent updates as necessary and ensure timely and accurate eHealth support to Ukraine stakeholders and USAID.
- Lead and coordinate the development and implementation of integrated, strategic eHealth plans and policies across SAFEMed related to pharmaceutical and supply chain system strengthening (registration, reimbursement, quantification, procurement, and logistics management).
- Serve as the key point of contact for SAFEMed eHealth initiatives across all workstreams.
- Working with each of the technical teams, integrate and coordinate the development of and implementation of eHealth activities across SAFEMed, to achieve maximum project-wide efficiencies and synergies; coordinate the identification and prioritization of required eHealth initiatives.
- Perform periodic systematic reviews of existing eHealth solutions and coordinate for project intervention and scale up.
- Provide guidance and counsel to government counterparts in the examination and definition of objectives for existing and/or proposed information systems and the design of improved systems.
Models Design, Development, and Implementation (35%)
- Partner with SAFEMed staff, consultants, and counterparts in the design and development of IT modules consistent with the existing technical architecture of the Ukrainian eHealth systems and best development practices.
- Participate in module design, development, analytics, regular testing, and validation of SAFEMed supported eHealth activities with Ukrainian eHealth systems.
- Oversee on-time delivery of the final IT products to key government agencies and live deployment, including managing the work of consultants.
- As needed, develop e-tools and databases for routine project activities.
Stakeholder Coordination (20%)
- Coordinate among SAFEMed staff, Ministry of Health, Central Procurement Agency, National Health Service of Ukraine, Center for Public Health, SOE eHealth, EHA and other experts working on eHealth development.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other USAID funded projects, NGOs, and other organizations to enhance use of new eHealth initiatives and keep abreast of latest development and professional norms, standards, tools and methodologies.
- Provide on-going technical support and capacity building to project technical teams and project counterparts in state-of-the-art eHealth principles, approaches and tools.
Project Planning and Reporting (10%)
- Contribute to design of project work plans and budgeting activities, providing leadership in cost and productivity analysis of eHealth interventions.
- Identify and formulate lessons learned from eHealth initiatives to be integrated into larger project and MSH knowledge management.
- Contribute to the project’s progress and technical report writing.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT and development or related field; thorough knowledge of the current application of IT systems within the health sector, including the relevant e-Health principles, applications, tools, and approaches.
- At least 7 years working in IT systems design or project management within public sector entities in Ukraine
- Advanced Degree or training in health informatics or data science, health information systems, electronic medical records, statistical analysis, or software development.
- Healthcare technological system experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of leading integration technologies.
- Experience in technical documentation writing and database architecture development.
- Private sector experience is a plus.
Required knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of database management and software development related to health.
- Thorough understanding of key eHealth initiatives, including enterprise architecture, EMR, HMIS, mHealth, and eLearning.
- General understanding of Ukrainian eHealth system, requirements, and architecture.
- Previous experience in the management of existing eHealth tools, including servers, google aps, patient registers, mobile applications, is an advantage.
- Extensive Windows, Mac and iOS or Android experience and familiarity with computer networking, TCP/IP.
- The ability to provide consistent, detailed analysis and follow through to project completion.
- Experience and track records working in a cross-functional environment.
- Good interpersonal skills – demonstrating ability to successfully work with internal and external partners at all levels of responsibility.
- Intellectually curious, a creative thinker and problem solver, and who has a proven track record of application development lifecycle management.
- Verbal and written language skills in English required.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply directly to the MSH career web site using the link: https://msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Ukraine-Kyiv/E-Health-Senior-Technical-Advisor_R1324 or send their CVs and motivation letters to SAFEMed corporate mailbox: email@example.com.
The position is open till filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Reference letters would be an advantage.