Sayara International is hiring an experienced Country Assistant - Ukraine to join its Eastern Europe team. This role is full-time, with opportunities for remote working. Please read the full Terms of Reference below and guidelines on how to apply for this role. We look forward to hearing from you.
The Country Assistant - Ukraine will be actively engaged in supporting Sayara International’s project delivery in Ukraine, working in close collaboration and under the supervision of the Country Lead for Ukraine.
Candidates should have at least two years of demonstrable experience in project management. Ideally, they will have some understanding of media, communications, or journalism, as well as the media and political landscape of Eastern Europe. Candidates must have excellent writing skills in English.
The Country Assistant will report to the Country Lead for Ukraine.
The Country Assistant - Ukraine will contribute to the work Sayara does to build positive change in societies that most need it. You will be working as part of a welcoming and diverse international team of experienced professionals.
About Sayara International:
Sayara International is a global development company that specialises in the design and implementation of rigorous research, social and behaviour change communications, approaches to countering disinformation, governance strategies, and innovative programming in fragile, conflict-affected, and transitioning societies. Founded in 2003, Sayara operates in more than 30 countries across Eastern Europe, Africa, Central Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America and the Caribbean.
Sayara supports the programming of our clients and partners with complex and sustainable research, evaluation, data-driven policy change, socio-political analysis, strategic communication, countering violent extremism, crisis management, and humanitarian response in the most challenging environments, working with and for the most vulnerable communities worldwide. Sayara’s origins in conflict and the company’s evolution across fragile contexts have equipped us with a set of values, core operating principles, systems, and competencies unique in the global development industry.
We provide services in the areas of monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL); media monitoring; social and behaviour change communications (SBCC); stabilisation and sub-national governance; gender studies and Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG); migration, displacement, and countering people smuggling and trafficking; and youth and education.
Sayara’s Eastern Europe team is comprised of experienced, in-house local experts (country-level leadership and program staff) across the region, plus an array of expert consultants with a variety of skillsets and local knowledge. Sayara’s network in the region extends to think tanks, academia, and other local partners.
Find out more about Sayara International:
- Support project implementation through its lifecycle to successful delivery.
- Establish and maintain relationships with project stakeholders (suppliers, consultants, etc.).
- Assist Country Lead on a day-to-day basis.
- Contribute to media monitoring, produce summaries.
- Conduct internet-based searches, support research.
- Update internal database.
- Maintain project schedules, risk matrices, time trackers, etc.
- Support financial management of the project (manage invoicing process, track payments, managing timesheets, etc.).
- Organise and facilitate project meetings and events (programme drafting, logistical oversight).
- Prepare contracts, draft ad hoc documents.
- Support writing reports and providing regular updates to the Client(s).
- Other ad hoc tasks, as assigned.
Desired Qualifications/ Skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business, social science, political science, international affairs, media, communications, or another relevant field.
- 2+ years’ experience in Project Support / Management / Coordination, with a proven track record of supporting successful projects.
- Demonstrated competency in decision-making and problem-solving; resource management; and planning, prioritising, and goal setting.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively – both independently and as part of a team.
- Good IT skills (Office 365).
- Strong English, Ukrainian and Russian; other languages considered a plus.
- Ideally familiar with Eastern European geopolitics.
- Strong commitment to high-quality work and integrity in all interactions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
Location & Travel: Remote work possible, ideally based in Eastern Europe. Some travel may be required.
Job Type: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week), Monday-Friday. Occasionally, working outside these hours may be required.
Duration: The Country Assistant will be offered a one (1) year employment contract, with a four (4) month probation period and the option for renewal, based on the discretion of, and mutual agreement between Sayara and the Country Assistant.
Application Process: Please submit your detailed CV with up-to-date contact information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Country Assistant (Ukraine)” as the subject line of your email. The deadline for applications is 25th October 2021. Note that CVs will be screened on a rolling basis and Sayara will offer the position to the candidate who meets the requirements – even if it is before the deadline.