Title: Program Officer
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities and Governance
Reports To: Program Manager
Deadline for applications: Oct 13, 2021
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering youth; cultivating leaders; strengthening institutions; and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 worldwide (www.irex.org).
The IREX Ukraine office seeks a Program Officer who will play a key role in supporting effective implementation of the Veteran Reintegration program. This is a two-part program that fills critical gaps in data and information on veterans and incorporates this data into tailored activities to improve access to veteran services and promote veteran integration into the workforce. The Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Program Manager and be responsible for day-to-day delivery and management of the assigned components of the program. He/She will work closely with partner organizations and sub-grantees; ensure compliance with donor requirements; and procure consultant services in accordance with IREX policies. The position is based in Kyiv with the possibility of travel to target regions within Ukraine. This position is available immediately and is contingent upon funding. The applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis, so we encourage interested candidates to apply as early as possible.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of Program Manager, administers programmatic activities to ensure that program objectives and targets are met;
- Ensures that all programmatic deliverables are achieved by the established deadlines;
- Manages systems to ensure compliance with donor requirements;
- Provides input into the development of training curricula, strategic planning sessions; and communications campaigns. Provides technical assistance in other areas of expertise;
- Works with the Program Manager to identify needs for external consultants, organize their selection and onboarding, and oversee their work;
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with civil society, media groups, opinion leaders, government officials, members of international community and other program stakeholders;
- Drafts proposals, work-plans; performance monitoring and evaluation plans; quarterly reports; final reports; success stories; talking points; and other types of programmatic documents;
- Represent IREX and support its organizational development;
- Other duties as required and assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in international development, public administration, political science, communication and/or other relevant field is preferred;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the NGO sector supporting large-scale programs with subgrant components;
- Demonstrated experience managing programs funded by the US Government and/or other donor governments.
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all staff, partners, sub-grantees, and members of donor organizations;
- High degree of initiative, organization, and attention to detail;
- English and Ukrainian language fluency, written and spoken;
- Excellent writing and editing skills with experience in drafting programmatic documents, such as proposals, work-plans; quarterly reports; final reports; success stories; talking points; and other types of programmatic documents;
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations (when such travel is resumed).
To apply, please use the following link
Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to high number of applications, IREX will only contact shortlisted candidates.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.