Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit. Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Sector Lead will lead teams of consultants to support Ukrainian Ministries and other government agencies in implementing reforms of various type and scope.
We are seeking a seasoned project manager with understanding of Government of Ukraine processes and experience in managing large teams of consultants. You will manage the one or several existing SURGe reform initiatives (hereinafter - projects) and will launch new projects as needed.
Employment type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Position type: Project Management.
Reports to: one of the SURGe Project Deputy Directors and to the SURGe Project Director.
Location: SURGe Office, Kyiv.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Assess the needs of the Ministry or another government agency (new projects only).
- Understand reform environment in the sector – key stakeholders, key issues, required scope of work and objectives, suitability for SURGe mandate.
- Formalize project vision and plans – goals, key deliverables, budget, timeline, expertise of consultants needed - in respective project documentation (new projects only).
- Hire the team lead and the team of consultants – usually 5 to 20 people (new projects only).
- Provide continuous management, guide the team in development of vision for deliverables and assure the quality of the deliverables developed by the team: analytical materials, ministerial instructions, procedures, draft laws and by-laws, training programs, presentations, software requirements.
- Manage the project to ensure timely delivery of the agreed scope of work.
- Troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Update plans and budgets and provide written progress reports.
- Present the results to various audiences as needed.
- Maintain close working relations with Ministry, usually at Deputy Minister level.
- Coordinate actions with other governmental stakeholders and other partners in policy sector.
- Switch between the policy sectors as needed (you may be assigned projects in unrelated sectors).
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in consulting/advisory, of which at least 1 year as a team lead.
- Understanding of the principles of how Government operates and how it cooperates with the Parliament and the Office of President is a must.
- Experience in the advisory to the Government of Ukraine is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to design projects and manage implementation: proven understanding of project management processes (internationally recognized certification in project management is an asset), experience in project management, strong coordination and facilitation skills.
- Familiarity with national legislation and government reform agenda.
- Results driven highly-motivated expert with sound judgement and maturity.
- Superior fluency in English is a must.
- Impeccable knowledge of Ukrainian language.
- Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on October 22, 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please, ensure to stateSector Leadin the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.