The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc., implementing the USAID Energy Security Project is looking to fill in the position of Grants Specialist to support Grants Team with the coordination of evaluation process of concepts/applications received in response to the EPS calls for proposals. This is a full-time position, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. This position will report to the Senior Grants Manager.
- Track the receival of the concepts/applications submitted in response to the EPS calls for proposals;
- Make eligibility-check (pre-check) of concepts/applications;
- Maintain databases (trackers) of calls, concepts, applications, grants;
- Coordinate evaluation process of concepts/applications submitted in response to open calls for proposals in compliance with the ESP procedures and timeframes;
- Organize meetings of Grants Evaluation Committee Members, draft minutes of meetings;
- Follow-up with applicants on questions from evaluators and documents requested;
- Support with budget development, preparation of justifications and budget notes, conduct market research for goods/services;
- Support with pre-award surveys, due diligence, FFA eligibility, other checks;
- Support with preparing grant approval packages;
- Communicate best practices in award compliance to applicants and grantees, ensure that grantees understand and adhere to relevant USAID and the grant policies;
- Liaise with ESP grantees, follow-up projects implementation under the ESP grant program;
- Assist with planning and implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and close-out;
- Provide inputs for regular reports on grantee performance and signal any significant delays or other issues that impact implementation;
- Notify the supervisor of any grantee project not able to meet their obligations and work to remedy these situations as they arise;
- Provide information on calls and grants to the ESP Communication Team;
- Other duties as required.
OTHER DUTIES AS REQUIRED.QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree;
- 1-3 years of relevant administrative, grants management, procurement, experience on donor-funded projects with preference for USAID-funded project management experience;
- Demonstrated experience in grants focused on ensuring compliance with established rules and regulations and Ukrainian laws;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgment that reflects positively on the ESP program;
- Detailed knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is preferred;
- Ability to get things done and work with large number of documents, attention to details;
- Ability to effectively use computer software including the full Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written;
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian are required.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.