The Learn to Discern in Education (L2D-Ed) project, with the support of the British Embassy in Kyiv, invites you to submit a proposal to this Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Fundraising and Partnership Consultant to oversee cooperation between the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy and IREX to support efforts to raise awareness of the importance of critical thinking and media literacy and provide various opportunities for Ukrainians countrywide to develop and practice critical information engagement skills.
The Fundraising and Partnership Consultant will provide services to the Ministry of Culture and Information Policy, which is the primary recipient the services that IREX orders and for which IREX co-controls delivery and payments. They will collaborate closely with other members of the Ministry’s national media literacy project team and provide expert assistance in establishing, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with partners in Ukraine and abroad, monitoring donors and other databases to identify potential funding opportunities, and promoting the media literacy project to the international community.
Learn to Discern aims to spread media literacy, conscious engagement with information, and development of critical thinking through Ukrainian society by conducting educational activities on media literacy among educators, journalists, thought leaders, and youth.
The Fundraising and Partnership Consultant’s tasks and expected deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a roadmap for building partnerships with the national media literacy project, Filter (https://filter.mkip.gov.ua/)
- Identifying opportunities for new joint projects with partners in Ukraine and abroad.
- Identifying opportunities for joint media projects with the national media and searching for commercial partners to support the project.
- Advising on budget development and preparing cost proposals.
- Advising on development and implementation of fundraising activity.
- Consulting on partnership development, as requested.
Experience and qualification requirements:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, or International Development, or similar/related degree; Bachelor’s degree in one of these fields and the equivalent of 4+ years of experience is also acceptable.
- Previous experience developing business relationships.
- Proven experience in cooperation with international organizations, media and fundraising experience.
- Understanding of the Ukrainian media environment.
- Strategic thinking.
- Excellent data presentation skills.
- Passion for people, relationship building, and networking.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
Preparation of Proposals
In preparing the Proposal, the Applicant is expected to examine the RFP in detail (it may be downloaded here).
Please submit all the proposal components above by email to email@example.com, with the subject line: “Fundraising and Partnership Consultant, Learn to Discern” no later than 10 October 2021 at 11:59 pm.