Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit. Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Based in Alinea International Ltd.’s Kyiv National Office and reporting to the Deputy Directors, the Senior Administrative Officer will manage information requests from the partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries, manage office premises and logistics closely cooperating with the Project core team and local consultants as well as provide administrative support to the management team.
Employment Type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Location: SURGe Office, Kyiv.
Reports to: Deputy Directors.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Manage and update project documentation and filing systems.
- Organize procurement and respective procedures.
- Maintain procurement log and prepare handover certificates.
- Develop new administrative procedures as necessary and ensure their compliance.
- Manage project social media.
- Perform ad-hoc translations when needed.
- Provide general logistic support to the project events.
- Manage business trips logistics.
- Manage office equipment and office supplies.
- Provide support to the staff in meeting administrative and office needs.
- Provide general support to local consultants and visitors.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in logistics, accounting, finance, business, economics or other relevant discipline.
- 3+ year of experience in administrative assistant, accountant, logistics support, events preparation or similar position is required.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills both in Ukrainian and English.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Advanced Proficiency in English (oral, reading and writing).
- Previous experience with internationally funded projects is preferred.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on October 15, 2021 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV in English (max. 2 pages).
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please, ensure to stateSenior Administrative Officerin the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.