· Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw based international non-governmental organization with representation office in Ukraine
· Position: Security Officer
· Location: Kramatorsk/Kyiv + frequent visits to the field
· Job terms: Full-time
· Type of job: Fixed-term contract
· Duration: 9 months (with a possibility of extension subject to performance results and funding available)
· Starting date: asap
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since August 2014 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of Protection, WASH, MPCA, Food Security and Livelihoods.
For more information, please refer to https://www.pah.org.pl/
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitoring and analyzing threats and assessing the risks present in the area of the Mission’s projects, timely informing staff on potential threats, when needed – altering the routes to avoid danger;
· Drawing up and implementing security plans and procedures for all aspects of the mission’s activity;
· Advising the Head of Mission on security issues, including the budget allocated for security issues;
· Briefing, training, drilling, motivating and supervising personnel in terms of their implementation and observance of security procedures, and advising the personnel on issues connected with safe conduct in the area of the mission;
· Maintaining contact on security issues with players operating in the area of the mission – other NGOs, local security structures, CIMIC, the UN, and others; Attending all the regular security-related meetings;
· Collecting and verifying the data related with the planned field visits in terms of security;
· Supervising the functioning of technical systems for facilities protection, communication systems, means of transport;
· Coordination of ID cards’ preparation for the Mission’s Staff;
· ATC check for Staff and contractors;
· Ensuring security equipment (tools) supplies are sufficient and in place;
· Organizing and co-supervising the work of personnel whose actions directly affect security, especially drivers;
· Participating in the actions of the Mission Crisis Management Team;
· Preparing weekly security updates for the mission Staff and writing monthly / quarterly / annual reports compatible with the guidelines;
· Regular reporting to Head of Mission and HQ;
· Sharing knowledge and experience;
· Controlling that the drivers are adhering to the relevant Safety&Security rules;
· Assisting and when necessary – escorting the mission guests in the field;
· Performing any other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
The successful Security Officer will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Law, International Relations, Business Administration or any other relevant field;
· At least 2 years of work experience in the NGO sector in a similar position;
· Proven experience in Safety, Security, Logistics;
· Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required (both spoken and written);
· Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure;
· Strong analytical skills, ability to filter and assess large amounts of data only selecting the essentials;
· Detail-oriented with good communication skills;
· Sensitive and diplomatic approach to information-sharing and formulations;
· Ability to work independently;
· Strong computer skills - knowledge of MS Office; skills in Word and Excel;
· Sound understanding of the local context.
What PAH offers:
· Work experience with the professional and flexible international NGO, which is one of the largest NGOs in the Central-Eastern Europe;
· Work in a dynamic and motivated team;
· Possibility to contribute to the PAH Mission’s operations;
· Competitive salary.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents prepared in ENGLISH:
· Short resume (max. 2 pages) including relevant information on your education and work experience;
· Indication of your availability to start your work for PAH.
To start the application process, please follow the link
Deadline for the submission of applications: October 17, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews.
Please note: due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and PAH reserves the right to recruit before the deadline.