Pact Inc. seeks candidates to fill the position of Procurement and Finance Specialist for the USAID/Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity in Ukraine.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Supervisor: Sr. Grants and Contracts Manager
Job type: Full time
Effective Date: ASAP
Duration: one year with possibility of the extension
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 50-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
About the ENGAGE activity
Pact, a non-profit organization based in Kyiv, Ukraine, is implementing a USAID-funded project Enhance Non-Governmental Actors and Grassroots Engagement (ENGAGE) activity.
The purpose of ENGAGE is to increase citizen awareness of and engagement in civic activities at the national, regional and local level. ENGAGE focuses efforts at both the grassroots level to educate and activate citizens to engage in civic initiatives as well as the national and regional (oblast and rayon) levels to improve organizational capacities, build coalitions, support advocacy and watchdog initiatives. The ENGAGE activity primarily focuses on key democratic reforms and cross- cutting themes, such as: anti-corruption, decentralization, government transparency and accountability including electoral processes, inclusive development of persons with disabilities, internally displaced persons, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and other vulnerable groups, youth and EU integration. To address citizen demands for anti-corruption reforms ENGAGE maintains anti-corruption focus on all its program components.
Under the supervision of the Sr. Grants and Contracts Manager, the Procurement and Finance Specialist coordinates the whole procurement cycle – from requisition form to solicitation, selection, contracting actions negotiation and execution, vendor/contractor supervision, and close-out – for the ENGAGE office concerning the administrative, program, and other activities. He/she provides support for the petty cash related processes in close cooperation with the Finance staff. Procurement and Finance Specialist ensures compliance with the USG rules and regulations, internal Pact policies, and Ukrainian legislation.
- Provide monitoring and market information analysis for the hiring and procuring goods and services from independent contractors and consultants
- Coordinate event organization: manage suppliers and event logistics (e.g. venue, catering, travel, speakers, etc.), negotiate with co-organizers, oversee events themselves, etc.
- Offer procurement solutions and promote international best practices
- Coordinate requisitions, RFQs, RFPs, and consultant search
- Conduct comparative analysis of bids/proposals/applications received in response to each RFQ/RFP/consultant solicitation, organize and moderate tender committees, prepare negotiation memos and other required documents
- Ensure due diligence of the selection proceedings (pre-award checks, MK Denial);
- Prepare purchase orders, contracts, and consultant agreements
- Provide overall scheduling and follow-up with vendors/contractors/consultants;
- Check the deliverables, collect and check accounting documentation (supporting documents, invoices, acts of acceptance, etc.), coordinate timely payment
- Act as petty cash custodian
- Prepare petty cash vouchers in accordance with internal rules
- Enter petty cash related journal entries and other accounting transactions as may be needed into Serenic NAV (ERP system) according to the granted profile
- Support the Finance team in preparing monthly reports
- Update the vendor database, as well as procurement and consultant trackers on a regular basis
- Ensure accurate filing of all procurement, accounting, and finance related documents
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree and 3+ years of prior procurement and/or financial experience or
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant experience
- Fluent in English and Ukrainian
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines
- Ability to manage budgets and negotiate them
- Proactive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to organize routine data and maintain the established procedures
- Advanced level keyboard skills and computer literacy on a variety of software applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
- Strong critical thinking and attentiveness to detail
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Demonstrated history of providing procurement services in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Solid knowledge of the industry
- Demonstrated experience working and negotiating services with suppliers and vendors
- Experience with international donor-funded programs, particularly USAID-funded contracts
Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected]with “Procurement and Finance Specialist” in the subject line by COB October 15, 2021.
Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Pact is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity and is dedicated to the fair and equal treatment of all employees without regard to gender, race, color, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, or marital status. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.