Title: Program Coordinator
Grade Level: 2
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reports To: Program Officer
Deadline for applications: October 4, 2021
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 500 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit https://www.irex.org/.
The IREX Ukraine office seeks a Program Coordinator who will play a key role in supporting effective implementation of the Veteran Reintegration program. This is a two-part program that fills critical gaps in data and information on veterans and incorporates this data into tailored activities to improve access to veteran services and promote veteran integration into the workforce. The Program Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Program Officer and be responsible for day-to-day delivery and management of the assigned components of the program. He/She will work closely with partner organizations and sub-grantees; ensure compliance with donor requirements; and procure consultant services in accordance with IREX policies. The position is based in Kyiv with the possibility of travel to target regions within Ukraine. This position is available immediately and is contingent upon funding. The applications will be reviewed on the rolling basis, so we encourage interested candidates to apply as early as possible.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Support day-to-day management of the program activities;
- Coordinate project components by providing programmatic, administrative, and logistical planning and implementation (veterans employment component, grants component and mental health component);
- Organize program trainings, events, and activities;
- Coordinate logistics and ensure effective administration and operations;
- Participate in writing of the proposals, work-plans; performance monitoring and evaluation plans; quarterly reports; final reports; success stories; talking points; and other types of programmatic documents;
- Works with the Program Manager and the Program Officer to support the needs of external consultants, organize their selection and onboarding, and oversee their work;
- Support effective collaboration with program partners;
- Manages systems to ensure compliance with donor requirements;
- Liaise with Grants/Finance Manager and assist with financial reporting (if possible and according to IREX policy and the public health situation in Ukraine);
- Liaise with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and assist with technical reporting;
- Travel to the grantees sights provided that the COVID-19 restrictions allow
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in international development, public administration, political science, communication and/or other relevant field is preferred;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in the NGO sector supporting large-scale programs with subgrant components;
- Demonstrated experience supporting programs funded by the US Government and/or other donor governments will be an asset;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all staff, partners, sub-grantees, and members of donor organizations;
- High degree of initiative, organization, and attention to detail;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines;
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations (when such travel is resumed);
- Strong command of spoken and written English and Ukrainian;
- Prior experience working with veterans will be an asset.
To apply, please use the following link
Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high number of applications, IREX will only contact shortlisted candidates.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.